Fitted a radiator guard - KTM Duke 390 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By moazman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 07-14-2019, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Evotech radiator guard, fitted after reading a post elsewhere on this forum.

(After only 900 miles the radiator fins were looking less than perfect, and are hard to clean)

It’s not the cheapest but is a lovely piece of kit, beautifully made and fits perfectly.

There are no instructions, only a link to view them online, l missed this at first, and there are a couple of plastic spacers that need fitting in the correct place.
Also the tabs on the guard need to be hooked under the lower front of the radiator and without instructions you might not realise, and wonder why it doesn’t fit.

I think the bike also looks better with the radiator guard fitted, it’s quite discreet and looks high quality.

Last edited by lightning; 07-14-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-15-2019, 01:48 AM

Any pics so we can see what it looks like?
post #3 of 10 Old 07-15-2019, 09:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4940 View Post
Any pics so we can see what it looks like?

I have the same guard on mine. Evotech stuff is ace.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

twitter:

flickr:

post #4 of 10 Old 07-15-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yep, that’s the one

But, any idea what the two random plastic pieces near the top of the radiator are for?
One has a rubber cover on it (why?) but they look a bit crap and l was wondering whether to just cut them off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	63BFA294-63D7-4771-BAA4-8CC8D29D4F91_1563229213887.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	49245  
post #5 of 10 Old 07-16-2019, 05:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
Yep, that’s the one

But, any idea what the two random plastic pieces near the top of the radiator are for?
One has a rubber cover on it (why?) but they look a bit crap and l was wondering whether to just cut them off.
No idea, I want to remove the whole plastic section as it looks crap. Just the mounting points on the sides look odd on their own. I need to come up with a solution for it.

instagram:

twitter:

flickr:
post #6 of 10 Old 07-16-2019, 05:59 AM

Garage
I reckon the plastic housing probably helps direct airflow to the radiator so it may not be wise to remove it.

Have you noticed any difference in the coolant temps or how soon the fan kicks in with the guard fitted?

post #7 of 10 Old 07-16-2019, 06:10 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by moazman View Post
I reckon the plastic housing probably helps direct airflow to the radiator so it may not be wise to remove it.

Have you noticed any difference in the coolant temps or how soon the fan kicks in with the guard fitted?
It won't make any difference or at least not enough cause a fault. The husky 401 with the same engine doesn't have it.

instagram:

twitter:

flickr:
post #8 of 10 Old 07-16-2019, 07:02 AM

Garage
Your typical husky owner won’t be riding as hard as KTM owners do tho. My friend has the 401 Svartpilen and he proves my point

post #9 of 10 Old 07-16-2019, 09:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by moazman View Post
Your typical husky owner won’t be riding as hard as KTM owners do tho. My friend has the 401 Svartpilen and he proves my point
I've seen at least one driven hard, so they have to be able to cope

instagram:

twitter:

flickr:
post #10 of 10 Old 07-17-2019, 06:55 AM

Garage
Haha! I wonder if the plastic is for directing airflow when sideways in Supermoto mode
Gordeh likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page