KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
You get the 14 from the D250s and are a direct swap, improves the low end even better, she gets there are aggressive and puffed up and that's it. If you're looking for better low end, 14 is great choice, but you will lose on top end by a margin. If you want to that low end ass kick, then 14 is the way to go.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
www.sprocketcenter.com had 47t rears in stock last I checked…
I am currently waiting on super sprockets to finish up my 48t for the Duke.
I guess ebay should do the job, changing sprocket means you want to change the chain as well. but I think duke geared lower than adventure from factory, I found no trouble riding duke with stock gearing. and for sure I do not recommend duke with 49t rear.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You get the 14 from the D250s and are a direct swap, improves the low end even better, she gets there are aggressive and puffed up and that's it. If you're looking for better low end, 14 is great choice, but you will lose on top end by a margin. If you want to that low end ass kick, then 14 is the way to go.
it is correct, 14 49 is the way to go for urban road rage scenario lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
I guess ebay should do the job, changing sprocket means you want to change the chain as well. but I think duke geared lower than adventure from factory, I found no trouble riding duke with stock gearing. and for sure I do not recommend duke with 49t rear.
I really don’t ride the slab much… I am on secondary roads 99% of the time. I surly don’t need more top end on back roads. I am on the dip and rip route.… I don’t really cruise around. Lol
also it would bring 6th gear down to where I need it and make 4th and 5th a lot more lively…
Paired with the powertronics, the fuelx, dna air box lid, k&n air filter, cat delete and the after market exhaust, The bike rips. Love Thumpers for their low end grunt… so the 48t is just what I was looking for 👍🏼

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I really don’t ride the slab much… I am on secondary roads 99% of the time. I surly don’t need more top end on back roads. I am on the dip and rip route.… I don’t really cruise around. Lol
also it would bring 6th gear down to where I need it and make 4th and 5th a lot more lively…
Paired with the powertronics, the fuelx, dna air box lid, k&n air filter, cat delete and the after market exhaust, The bike rips. Love Thumpers for their low end grunt… so the 48t is just what I was looking for 👍🏼
sounds like a very grumpy setup for the baby duke.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts