KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
i picked my 390 up in November last year, this last weekend i hit the mileage to get the service done.
This is where I'm a bit shocked:
The supplying dealer has quoted my £244
Another dealer has quoted £205
Another 2 wont touch the bike as it didn't come from them!!
Im based in the UK and would like to hear peoples thoughts on the above.
Also what others have paid, i come from a ducati as i thought that was pricey!!

· Registered
61 Posts
I bought mine from a dealer in N.Wales in May22 , part of the deal was the first service was £100. When I took it for the 600 mile service the service bill was something like £181. It was only when I came to pay and I showed them the £100 deal they netted it down.
Ive dug out the service docs prices were as follows
Service at 1.8 hrs @£70/hr £126
Oil filter £6
Oil Motul £18.34
O ring £1
rest is VAT

so your quote of £205 is probably 2 hours labour ( which it isnt!) plus consumable’s and VAT.

You didnt have a Ducati T shirt on when you rode in did you :D

· Registered
7 Posts
Just to chime in on first service cost from the dealership in Italy, I spent 142,92€.

First service at 1000km took 75 minutes (I was waiting at the dealership just to be sure they didn't inflate the time and that includes the 5 minutes test ride the technician took on the bike before giving me back the keys).
1,8L of 15w50 Motorex Top Speed 4T ( 51€ )
Oil filter + O-ring ( 9,64€ )
"Consumable materials" ( 10€ )
Labour ( 72,29€ )
Total = 142,92€ (tax included)

I think an honest price should be around 130gbp/150usd tops.
Cheers

· Registered
61 Posts
Just to chime in on first service cost from the dealership in Italy, I spent 142,92€.

First service at 1000km took 75 minutes (I was waiting at the dealership just to be sure they didn't inflate the time and that includes the 5 minutes test ride the technician took on the bike before giving me back the keys).
1,8L of 15w50 Motorex Top Speed 4T ( 51€ )
Oil filter + O-ring ( 9,64€ )
"Consumable materials" ( 10€ )
Labour ( 72,29€ )
Total = 142,92€ (tax included)

I think an honest price should be around 130gbp/150usd tops.
Cheers
Kaneda your points are valid , however in the UK , main dealers seem to run four profit centres.
New Sales, Pre owned, Spares and Service. Its like they all have to be profit centres in their own right. Stories of BMW riders paying £80 for a 2 min error code clear are normal o_Oo_O

· Registered
1,083 Posts
Kaneda your points are valid , however in the UK , main dealers seem to run four profit centres.
New Sales, Pre owned, Spares and Service. Its like they all have to be profit centres in their own right. Stories of BMW riders paying £80 for a 2 min error code clear are normal o_Oo_O
Yes, they all have to be profit centres in their own right. No one is going to service your bike as a business without making a profit from doing so. Over charging is quite a different issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts