KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2012 duke690 in April this year and I have to tell you I am impressed, more that impressed. I took it on the track twice too and had fun.

I have a couple of questions.

Does anyone know of a quick throttle kit, or something of sorts? The standard throttle is way too long.

My bike is not the R model and while I find the front suspension bearable the rear is too, well I'm not 100% sure because I can't adjust if to be sure, but I think the rebound is too fast. Has anyone swapped out the rear shock for something better? If so, what did you get?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought a 2012 duke690 in April this year and I have to tell you I am impressed, more that impressed. I took it on the track twice too and had fun.

Does anyone know of a quick throttle kit, or something of sorts? The standard throttle is way too long.

My bike is not the R model and while I find the front suspension bearable the rear is too, well I'm not 100% sure because I can't adjust if to be sure, but I think the rebound is too fast. Has anyone swapped out the rear shock for something better? If so, what did you get?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome @Antkiller!

·
Registered
200 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum @Antkiller

Did you end up finding a throttle kit for you 690?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies/ links.. I will be sure to follow up on the throttle kit.
DustyDan, I didn't get it yet. I've been too busy with work. The bike is in the shop at the moment getting the racing kit installed.

Will post pics later

·
Registered
573 Posts
im also looking for the throttle kit ... our 390 is wayyy to long ... as the power band is near 70% of the throttle ... it is uncomfortable to twist way down and it look silly ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts