KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a simple, stylish easy fix for this problem, without attaching bar end mirrors.
All I have seen are the hideous, bulky extender mirrors.

Please, please tell me that someone has.........

·
Registered
386 Posts
What do you want?
I use DoubleTake mirrors on my Duke 390 2017.
I like them because I can adjust them exactly like I want and they are very sturdy.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Be aware that the left and right mirror on the 390 (at least 2017) have a different length. If you buy mirrors with fixed length one will be shorted compared to what you see now.

·
Registered
694 Posts
l did notice that when l fitted the 1290 mirrors.
However
ln practice that difference is not noticeable on the bike, and doesn't affect the view in the mirrors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone found a simple, stylish easy fix for this problem, without attaching bar end mirrors.
All I have seen are the hideous, bulky extender mirrors.

Please, please tell me that someone has.........
The OEM mirror on the KTM Duke 390 are by far the best mirror you can get!, you want to play with performance and perhaps the appearance of your bike but never at the cost of safety! It is important to have a clear view of what's going on in the rear!...just saying!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice looking bike and nice mirrors! the only problem I have with Aftermarket Mirror is that you have to move your head down to see in the rear whereas the OEM you just moves your Eyes down to see! I guess this is a question of preference,

·
Registered
694 Posts
But also read my post, l have actually fitted the Duke 1290 mirrors to my 390 Duke.

The slight difference in length between the two mirrors is barely noticeable and doesn't affect the view you get in the mirrors.

If you like the original mirrors but want better ones then fit the 1290 ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Other then for aesthetic I don't see the use of replacing something that work perfectly for something that will work perfectly!...I once broke a mirror on my 1290 and they were $80.00 Cdn like in 2016 changing both mirrors has to be aro the $150.00 marks?....I simply love the design of the original Duke 390 mirrors!....but then, I am not a reference for taste! lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts