KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought two pairs of sequential LED turn signals to replace the stock ones on my 2015 Duke 390. After connecting they only light up halfway - the flasher relay restarts the signal before they are able to finish lighting up full length. I want to convert the indicator power to a constant 12V instead of flashing but I can't find the flasher relay for the turn signal anywhere.

Please help before I start taking the body apart.

Thanks!
M

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced my turn signals with LED sequential turn signals as well. Mine cycle through completely, but faster (not double speed, but faster). The relay is under right at the front of the bike under the tank (mine is red with 2 pins). If you look from below, just behind the head tube you will find it. The body is not too hard to take apart - I have not removed the tank, just shimmed it up a bit to get easier access.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Got the body off and the flasher out.

I was kinda hoping that without the turn signals would just be getting a constant 12V. Not the case.

What should I swap it for to just send a constant 12V to the turn signals?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will leave this to someone more knowledgeable. I just rewired the original connectors onto the signals and used them with the stock relay as I didn't want to tinker with the wiring. Is it a 2-pole relay? If I replace the turn signals, I will find some that are constantly on so that the relay can do what it is supposed to do.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a 2-pole so I just grab a piece of wire and connected the 2 poles.

Success!

Thanks for the help locating the relay

·
Registered
5 Posts
So... you are saying just put a jumper between the 2 wires and call it done (effectively no relay). I may have to give myself something to do while I am bored...

My bike is the same (2015), but black. Turning it into a mini ADV Scrambler - picked up an R6 shock for the conversion (just need a spring now).

Glad the signals worked out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So... you are saying just put a jumper between the 2 wires and call it done (effectively no relay). I may have to give myself something to do while I am bored...
Hahah that's exactly why I'm doing this.

Here's the "hack" - that's the connector the flasher was plugged into. I'll put some shrink wrap on it and that's it

Turning it into a mini ADV Scrambler - picked up an R6 shock for the conversion (just need a spring now).
Sounds fun. Got the ADV 950 last summer and she's f'in heavy even without panniers.. I was thinking about swapping for something lighter actually

1 - 7 of 7 Posts