KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Duke 390
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas, I’m due for tire replacement. My stock rear is showing wire :LOL: so I figured the front one is also not too far behind.
I would like to get a wider rear tire and was wondering if anyone has done that.
What size would be a good option for this bike?

Any recommendations on the actual tire brand? I do 97% pavement riding, medium riding, lots of corners, mostly commute to work and around town riding. I’m looking for something that would be grippy in corners and also comfortable in rain.

·
Administrator
2,426 Posts
If doing a lot of cornering (fast) the BEST rear tyre size is 140 (10 down from OE).
Reasons why may be found in the search, top center, as this has been discused to exertions on the forum. As for a good brand to corner (fast) Pirelli is a pretty top range choice but will not last you 25,000 kms.

·
Registered
2016 Duke 390
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If doing a lot of cornering (fast) the BEST rear tyre size is 140 (10 down from OE).
Reasons why may be found in the search, top center, as this has been discused to exertions on the forum. As for a good brand to corner (fast) Pirelli is a pretty top range choice but will not last you 25,000 kms.
You are right, I found ton of talk debating tire brand and models, not much discussion on going wider, thank you for your reply, I’ll start looking at 140s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts