KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently done basic service for the bike and changed the oil.

And around a month later I noticed some oil leak from the bottom of the engine.

Further checking and cleaning revealed that there is some oil leak from the corner of the engine.

I have checked the oil level, its on the lower side.

Here are two videos that shows the leak:

I am a bit lost what to do at this point, help help help

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey mate,
That is the clutch cover gasket. It is fairly easy to remove and replace. Undo the bracket that holds the shifter cable and you should be able to pull the shaft out. Just DO NOT over tighten the bolts when you install everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey mate,
That is the clutch cover gasket. It is fairly easy to remove and replace. Undo the bracket that holds the shifter cable and you should be able to pull the shaft out. Just DO NOT over tighten the bolts when you install everything.
Oh wow!! thanks
I found a video on youtube that changes the clutch gasket. Seems pretty easy, really.

The only thing is, Is there a way for me to make sure that gasket change will fix the issue?

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Trial and error. Nothing in life is guaranteed, except for death.
if you want to fix/repair/eliminate your oil leakage, you will try some solutions in order to do so

·
Registered
605 Posts
Best bet is to just give it a go, I dont recall that gasket costing too much so it'll be worth a change out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best bet is to just give it a go, I dont recall that gasket costing too much so it'll be worth a change out.
Trial and error. Nothing in life is guaranteed, except for death.
if you want to fix/repair/eliminate your oil leakage, you will try some solutions in order to do so
To be honest, I agree its just 35 dollars and not a complex task at all. But I just asked if there is any way to filter it down to gasket or not. I will do it and update this forum. Wish me luck!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,626 Posts
Pls, note that there is no need to add silicone or other liquid gaskets to the new OEM gasket as this might get stuck in the oil ways.
Carefully clean both surfaces from the old gasket (if any, pay attention to the dowels (2x I think) and torque to the correct values in a crossed manner.
Good luck.

·
Registered
802 Posts
First off try torquing the casing bolts a wee bit and see if it arrests the leak. Some cases of leak are mainly due to loose clutch cover bolts, torquing them solves the issue. If the issue still persists, remove the cover, clean the mating surfaces, install a new gasket and torque them back.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,626 Posts
I do not have that setting on my torque wrench :p

First off try torquing the casing bolts a wee bit and see if it arrests the leak. Some cases of leak are mainly due to loose clutch cover bolts, torquing them solves the issue. If the issue still persists, remove the cover, clean the mating surfaces, install a new gasket and torque them back.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hey mate,
Hey Man

you are right mate
super easy to change it was
thanks for all the help everyone
I have changed the gasket, no more oil leak.

Changed it at my mates place who had a 12Nm torque wrench:D

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey Man

you are right super easy to change it was thanks for all the help everyone changed the gasket, no more oil leak. Changed it at my mates place who had a torque wrench with 12Nm setting :D
Cheers mate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts