KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am having trouble with my 2016 390 duke. It won't run longer than 5 min or reaches a certain temp. It cuts out and won't start again untill it is cold again. At first it was at 4min. then I unplugged the temp sensor so that it doesn't read the temp and it cut out at 3.5min. Took the throttle body off cleaned it thoroughly and put it back again. Now it idles till 5 min then cuts out and won't start again till the bike is cooled down. Whether it's standing and idling or if I'm riding it, it doesn't matter it cuts out and refuses to start again till it cools down.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I hope someone can help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you for the responses

@Binettasteve

I have not tried this. I Will give it a shot thanks.

@shush319

I did check the coolant, even threw fresh coolant in the bike. It doesn't overheat. The temp bar doesn't even reach half when it cuts out. I've also taken all the oil out and put fresh oil with a new oil filter. No coolant mixed with the oil.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Try to verify if you are losing spark... or if you are losing injector pulse... it doesn't cost anything.

If you have, or if a buddy has, a modern inductive timing light, it works equally well for flashing in response to an ignition coil discharge or an inductive injector discharge.

Both of those units are very accessible, easily clamped onto with the inductive pickup.

If you discover you have lost ignition spark but you have not lost injector pulse, the most likely culprit is a defective ignition coil.

By contrast, if you have lost both of those, while attempting to restart the [stalled and won't restart] vehicle, it is more likely you have lost crankshaft position sensor input to the ECU.

Just some more ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts