KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Duke 390's display is not showing information in the middle of the screen. I have gone through several tutorials for resetting the service interval and found in every tutorial information is displayed in the center of the screen. On my Duke the display shows nothing in the center. The picture attached is one from the net, and the red circle is where my screen comes up blank.

The Bike is a 2016 Duke 390, Australian Model 3040 km on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
Try to flip the headlight forward (watch out for the 2x rings under the hex bolts), disconnect the e-connector from the display unit and see if there is corrosion on there somewhere.
Not sure if it is still available but in the early days we would use "electro-spray" on the contacts.
Hope this will work and have the centre of the display come back on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I opened up the display and checked the connections. There did not appear to be any corrosion on any of the parts. There is a red connector attached to the display that was not connected to anything. I had a look around and could not see another connector that it would fit?

Any other ideas?

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
Sorry, not really.
The negative I think works for the whole display and the red connector I don't know mate.
Has it always been like this or did it cut out all of a sudden?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has always been like. It is really just a problem when for the service intervals but it wold be nice to get it working

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
Maybe buy a second-hand display as most likely there is something else wrong with yours than only a connection issue.
In Thailand, these units are on offer for little money but I do not know if these differ from your area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts