1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Reactions: mejetski2000

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Brett, I like your black wheels with the orange pinstriping. How did you create the pinstriping?

Reactions: bahawton

·
Registered
140 Posts
Baha, that is the best looking, classiest 390 ever, in my eyes. Pro, you come in a close second.

The Orange wheels are a bit much, I think. The fake belly scoop, which I took off, and the orange wheels make the 390 Duke look like a kid's bike.

Whoa! That's close to the edge. You're braver than I.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great looking bike! have fun with your black 390... ;)

i also like it black :) but i need the orange wheels for some contrast to the orange frame...with the orange rimstickers i could think about to change to black rims.

i´m really sad that Akrapovic have no black exhaust muffler..:crying:

>:D

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
i also like it black :) but i need the orange wheels for some contrast to the orange frame...with the orange rimstickers i could think about to change to black rims.
IMHO The all black wheels look great on a stock bike (with graphics) but as you've removed the graphics it could a bit too much black.

I agree that orange rim stickers could be the answer :)

Reactions: bahawton

·
Registered
675 Posts
Brett, I like your black wheels with the orange pinstriping. How did you create the pinstriping?
Thanks Diploman!

I bought 1/4" 3M 79907 reflective orange vinyl and applied it with a wheel striping tool. The striping glows white when headlights are aimed at them at night and it's a perfect match for the orange frame during the day. I bought a ton of orange reflective samples when I powdercoated the wheels black and all of the other tapes either looked like amber reflectors or were too red during the day.

I also removed the OEM reflectors when removing every single sticker on my bike so the wheel stripes make it easy to see an almost all black bike at night.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Baha, that is the best looking, classiest 390 ever, in my eyes. Pro, you come in a close second.

The Orange wheels are a bit much, I think. The fake belly scoop, which I took off, and the orange wheels make the 390 Duke look like a kid's bike.

Whoa! That's close to the edge. You're braver than I.
Thank you!

My heart was really pumping as I rode the bike to the end of that floating dock- Good thing my bike only weighs 290 lbs!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Vienna390, you can paint it with high heat black spray (for exhausts). It doesn't even need primer or grinding (just qood cleaning), fortunately the look will be mat black, not glossy.

just use paper tape to cover all parts that must not be painted and apply 2 hands

·
Registered
137 Posts
Great looking bike! have fun with your black 390... ;)

i´m really sad that Akrapovic have no black exhaust muffler..:crying:

>:D
Hey man, question on the black engine mount/rear sets/passenger pegs. First of all, are they powder coated? Secondly, did you get the bolts powder coated black as well, or did you just go out and buy new ones in black? I'm powder coating all three of those same things very very shortly myself and have always wondered about the bolts remaining 'silver'.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts