KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just traded a project bike for this 2016 KTM Duke 390. It’s not cranking. It does have a code JG_1.7.7, which I have a good battery, and it keeps charge. I tested my starter. Relay. Selanoid. Everything’s working as it should but the motor is not cranking. I even tried to push to start. I have come to believe that the motor may be locked, but I just don’t know tbh. Really thinking about rebuilding the motor if anything. Anyone have the same issue ?

·
Super Moderator
1,296 Posts
If the engine somehow is blocked this error code would not come up, I guess?
Check your theory by putting her in 4th - 5th - 6th gear, take the spark plug out and see if she turns over.
If yes, I'm afraid you actually do have a battery issue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello,

I second @KTMasean on the faulty battery or on a less good connection to battery terminals. In the past I've seen this error on my 2014's and it was due to bad battery connexion (had to scrub and protect the terminals).
About the engine being blocked, I'd risk you can confirm it even without removing the spark plug (which is a pain...) by engaging a taller gear (6th perhaps) and try to push the bike on a concrete / tarmac pavement.

keep us posted on further developments.

Cheers!

·
Registered
230 Posts
just bought a new battery for mine, the old one charged ok and held charged when left, but it drained quickly if a load was put on it, all seems good with the new battery,
can you try hooking it up to another battery that is known to be good ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*Update *
New battery. Still won’t start. Tested the starter, and it’s decent. Getting a new one. Also getting a new solenoid.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Is the engine locked up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts