KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a recent install of the Coober ECU and a comp werkes decat, the Coober ECU does not richen my bike enough to perform properly. I need a unlocked device that I can tune to give my setup what it needs. I was told that it was a special map from the local shop for my setup but they actually sold me the standard Coober duke map. (Sucks doesnt it) so now I have a basically new unit that needs to be sold so I can buy a proper device for my bike. Coober quality is amazing and this will greatly help a stock bikes performance. If interested please message me. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
With a recent install of the Coober ECU and a comp werkes decat, the Coober ECU does not richen my bike enough to perform properly. I need a unlocked device that I can tune to give my setup what it needs. I was told that it was a special map from the local shop for my setup but they actually sold me the standard Coober duke map. (Sucks doesnt it) so now I have a basically new unit that needs to be sold so I can buy a proper device for my bike. Coober quality is amazing and this will greatly help a stock bikes performance. If interested please message me. Thank you.

How did you find that your Coober ECU does not richen the bike enough? I mean, how did you figure out that is still lean?

I have a Rapidbike Evo unit on my Duke 390 2018 with autotune on. A few weeks ago I installed a KT-1217 air filter and a high flow air box lid filter from 1fngr. I also have a full scorpion exhaust. I feel that it lost a bit of power and final speed. :( Is it that, like you, is a bit lean? How can I verify it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you find that your Coober ECU does not richen the bike enough? I mean, how did you figure out that is still lean?

I have a Rapidbike Evo unit on my Duke 390 2018 with autotune on. A few weeks ago I installed a KT-1217 air filter and a high flow air box lid filter from 1fngr. I also have a full scorpion exhaust. I feel that it lost a bit of power and final speed. :( Is it that, like you, is a bit lean? How can I verify it?

Its lean because I feel a hesitation when accelerating and a lagging acceleration once it does. I am getting a rapid bike evo because i can tune it personally.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Its lean because I feel a hesitation when accelerating and a lagging acceleration once it does. I am getting a rapid bike evo because i can tune it personally.

I don't feel that hesitation when accelerating nor a lagging acceleration once it does. In fact, when I accelerate I feel a hoarse noise from the engine as if I had a bigger engine.

I'm going to connect the RB to the notebook and check the configuration

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't feel that hesitation when accelerating nor a lagging acceleration once it does. In fact, when I accelerate I feel a hoarse noise from the engine as if I had a bigger engine.

I'm going to connect the RB to the notebook and check the configuration

Sounds like you had great power gains.

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Can't Coober provide a more appropriate map that can be flashed to your unit?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I think that on the Coober units the explanation is very clear and has been discussed on here pretty well.
Coober will provide different maps for different set-ups of KTM Power Parts supplied aftermarket modifications.
This is in accordance with Coober taking over the warranty from KTM when riders decide to install their units.
Coober stated from the start that their units are not customer adjustable and if modding your Duke/RC with Power Parts aftermarket stuff the Coober needs to be sent back in order to get re-flashed in order to cope with the modifications.
Fully customer adjustable piggybacks such as the PowerTRONIC cannot take over the warranty from KTM, obviously, as no one knows what people will slam onto their bikes (mainly to create more noise).
Coober claims to be the best piggyback when it comes to standard or Power Parts modified bikes but you will need to inform Coober beforehand what has been done or what you are planning to do to your bike.
Contact Coober (Austria) and tell them your story about your local supplier as they obviously sold you a unit under false pretence and I can not believe a company such as Coober will want to continue with such cheating agents of their products.
Have you tried to return this unit to your local supplier?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that on the Coober units the explanation is very clear and has been discussed on here pretty well.
Coober will provide different maps for different set-ups of KTM Power Parts supplied aftermarket modifications.
This is in accordance with Coober taking over the warranty from KTM when riders decide to install their units.
Coober stated from the start that their units are not customer adjustable and if modding your Duke/RC with Power Parts aftermarket stuff the Coober needs to be sent back in order to get re-flashed in order to cope with the modifications.
Fully customer adjustable piggybacks such as the PowerTRONIC cannot take over the warranty from KTM, obviously, as no one knows what people will slam onto their bikes (mainly to create more noise).
Coober claims to be the best piggyback when it comes to standard or Power Parts modified bikes but you will need to inform Coober beforehand what has been done or what you are planning to do to your bike.
Contact Coober (Austria) and tell them your story about your local supplier as they obviously sold you a unit under false pretence and I can not believe a company such as Coober will want to continue with such cheating agents of their products.
Have you tried to return this unit to your local supplier?

My dealer insists it is the correct map and Coober was a dead end. Just trying to sell it for something back now so I can but a Rapidbike evo

·
Premium Member
992 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
According to the Coober website, their ECU now includes STOCK and DE-CAT mapping (KTM 390 Duke Power Kit 17-20)
I am wondering if it is really the case ? because I always heard (like in this thread for example) that Coober ECU are designed only for stock bike (keep the warranty etc..)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Coober certainly offer other maps but for specific kit such as their airbox lid. Whether those mods retain the warranty I have no idea, but I don’t see why it shouldn’t. Just be sure to check and make sure your mod is exactly the one they specified and not something similar.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks Mirius. That makes sense.

I also decided to send an email to Coober USA and asked about having a slip-on and/or the cat delete. Here is what they replied "The ECU automatically senses the cat delete and will switch to the appropriate map." So according to them it should work with these two configurations (only slip-on or slip-on and cat delete)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Mirius. That makes sense.

I also decided to send an email to Coober USA and asked about having a slip-on and/or the cat delete. Here is what they replied "The ECU automatically senses the cat delete and will switch to the appropriate map." So according to them it should work with these two configurations (only slip-on or slip-on and cat delete)
I would strongly recommend getting a rapidbike evo. I had a terrible experience trying to run coober with a cat delete. When i got the rapidbike unit it works seamlessly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts