KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys....I bought a 2017 Duke 390, new (leftover), in April, 2018. All was good, until 2 months ago, a truck made a left in front of me. The bike took a solid shot to the front right and I ended up totaling it.

I just bought a replacement '17 Duke 390 with only 600 miles for less than insurance paid me for mine (woo-hoo!).

I just took it for a ride yesterday and noticed that this one has the annoying TFT moisture issue. My last one thankfully didnt.

Can I still get a free replacement screen through the dealership? I dont remember how long the warranty is good for...3 years? I'm in the states (Pennsylvania).

Thanks for any help!!

moto joe

·
Registered
68 Posts
i recommend some type of screen to protect the little plastic tft box from any rain we have lots of that and I believe that you get some Pennsylvania?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi guys....I bought a 2017 Duke 390, new (leftover), in April, 2018. All was good, until 2 months ago, a truck made a left in front of me. The bike took a solid shot to the front right and I ended up totaling it.

I just bought a replacement '17 Duke 390 with only 600 miles for less than insurance paid me for mine (woo-hoo!).

I just took it for a ride yesterday and noticed that this one has the annoying TFT moisture issue. My last one thankfully didnt.

Can I still get a free replacement screen through the dealership? I dont remember how long the warranty is good for...3 years? I'm in the states (Pennsylvania).

Thanks for any help!!

moto joe
You appear to be a couple hours away but I would recommend you call Solid Performance KTM in Downingtown (PA). These guys are super honest and will give it to you straight. You wanna talk to Justin (parts) or Hank (service). If there is a way these guys will help.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i recommend some type of screen to protect the little plastic tft box from any rain we have lots of that and I believe that you get some Pennsylvania?
I rode my original one through the rain several times and never had any issues with moisture showing up on the TFT screen....last week I rode it the day after buying it on an unseasonably warm day here in January (like 60 degrees) and it fogged up a bit on the outside corners. I wasn't expecting that. I got a great deal on the bike, so I'm not complaining...but I wouldn't mind trying to get it taken care of, if they can.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You appear to be a couple hours away but I would recommend you call Solid Performance KTM in Downingtown (PA). These guys are super honest and will give it to you straight. You wanna talk to Justin (parts) or Hank (service). If there is a way these guys will help.
OK, thank you. Yes, I usually go through KTM of Camp Hill. If I can't get anything from them, then maybe I will give them a shout out!

·
Registered
489 Posts
It’s a shame you couldn’t swap the TFT display with one off your totalled bike.

These are being replaced under warranty in the U.K.
It’s a well known fault and the dealer is unlikely to be able to wriggle out of doing it FOC.

·
Registered
754 Posts
TFT as same as the headlight can accumulate moisture, where the headlamp unit fogging is detailed in the manual. Mild fogging is not a cause for consternation. Excessive water droplets would warrant a replacement of the TFT. If you're under warranty, then it can be replaced under warranty, if not then, it's pay from ones $$.

Cheers!
V

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Folks,
I had a bit of moisture in my TFT when I first got my bike last March. I put a small pack of silica gel in the unit and it has been trouble fre ever since.

Cheers!
Craig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts