KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, i recently purchased a salvage duke 390 that had been wrecked and was listed as a "run and drive" well when i picked it up it ran fine (quick spin around the block). i replaced all the damaged parts and took it for a ride. i took the same spin around the block and it died and wont start back up. currently cranks but wont start and does not have any spark. i believe i hear the fuel pump priming so i dont think its fuel. i put a new spark plug, ignition coil, and battery on it and still no luck. im not sure where to look for what's wrong. side stand and neutral switches check out, bike just died after heavy throttle. any ideas on where to trouble shoot or what to check would be a big help. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2015 duke 200, Previous bike (2009 er6n Kawasaki, 1982 honda nighthawk cb450)
83 Posts
Fuel, Air, Spark. One of those 3 things. Keep trouble shooting. there almost no way for anyone on here to tell wtf is wrong with your bike. Not enough info. You checked spark. is it getting fuel? what about air. Enough oil. Why was bike salvaged? What sound did it make.

if fuel and air are good then why isn't it getting spark. Trace where electrcity is stopping at. Do same for fuel and air. will it push start?

Best bet if your fixing it yourself is to get the manual and go through it yourself. Second best is taking it to someone who knows. Here's a question I got asked after I bought a POS Honda and fixed it. Do you want to work on a bike or ride it? My second and 3rd bikes are all about riding.

good luck, and keep at it. Working on bikes is about time and patients. keep us updated

·
Registered
875 Posts
Check for ECM related faults, a fried ECU would mean no spark. Make sure your IGN coil fuse is intact by inspecting the fuse box. Secondly, make sure the ignition coil lead and the plug cap and screwed in well. Find any rust points on the pins sand connectors, use a de-rust spray and give those connectors a good clean.. Try it out and let us know how it unfolds. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts