KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some guidance please! i just bought this bike used and love it! However, it's a bit loud for my liking. I cannot find a part number for the system in order to locate the DB killer insert. Does anyone have any ideas??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you checked the Akrapovic website to confirm the model name for your exhaust?
Yes, that is where I started. I’ve also sent a email to the contact form on their website asking for guidance, no reply yet. I talked to the folks at rev zilla and we tried to find part numbers and such with no joy. I’m really in a pickle

·
Registered
665 Posts
OEM parts for akrapovic exhausts made for KTMs are only available from KTM dealers.

If you are not finding it on the KTM website then there is likely to be a good reason why you can’t find KTM parts for this.

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
I have a feeling that may not be a genuine Akrapovic system? Can you post more photos, starting from where header goes to midpipe/catalytic section?

Reactions: Hayes614

·
Registered
126 Posts
I’m afraid that it looks like a £40 fake akra from Wish or Ali express lol

I’m pretty sure the legit akra doesn’t have a removable dB killer; I think you have to drill the rivets out and open the exhaust up to remove the dB killer, which is why it’s not a part that you can purchase separately.

If your bike has a decat fitted you could swap back to a cat which should make it a lot quieter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts