KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After wanting a bike since I was a child, I went and got my learners permit a couple of years ago. I talked to a bunch of sales people and friends a motorcycle is so personal depending on the rider, I decided the best thing was to try a bunch of different bikes to see which one fit me best before purchasing one. I am 5' 11" and 155lbs and I tried a bunch of new or newer entry level bikes: Honda CB500F, Yamaha R3, Husqvarna Svartpilen 401, Husqvarna Vitpilen 401, Kawi Z400 before trying the 390. I have good things to say about all of the bikes I tried (except for the Z400 as it didn't fit my long legged frame lol). One ride on the 390 and I was absolutely hooked and last year I purchased a year old new in the crate 2019 and couldn't be happier with it.

Last year I did mostly urban riding and a few short trips - this year I plan to tour and take some longer trips. All that is to say with over 7000km on the clock I am absolutely in love with my 390.

I'm interested in everyone's experiences with various aspects of the 390 - tires, brakes, maintenance, add ons like exhaust, chains, experiences touring and long term ownership.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts