KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow, I'm reading everybody's responses to this, and my own experience was a little different. 2019 model.

The dealer lubed my chain and checked my bolts, and charged me $120 US (for an obligatory hour:D)...

but they updated the software on my cluster to 1V08 (which actually gave me the ability to set fuel cons as an 'mpg' value).

They didn't do anything else to the bike, because I requested that, and because I'd already changed the oil etc at 327 miles.

But...

The service light began flashing on the 35 mile trek to the dealer, at around 627 miles. They reset it, because I hadn't, but that low shift light flash rpm never changed to a new value on mine. When I got home later that night, I changed it myself.

Press SET
Scroll down to Preferences, Press SET
Scroll up to Shift Light, press SET
You will be greeted by the menu you see in the attached picture
Scroll to one of those three options, Press SET and adjust at will; pressing SET will lock-in whatever you adjusted.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Interesting they didn't need to check valve clearance on your first service. I'm not sure what this depends on, I've been reading conflicting reports about how some dealerships claim it's necessary and others say it isn't in the book.

Either some dealers are misinformed, or some markets receive different engine setups than other. Or both.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Interesting they didn't need to check valve clearance on your first service. I'm not sure what this depends on, I've been reading conflicting reports about how some dealerships claim it's necessary and others say it isn't in the book.

Either some dealers are misinformed, or some markets receive different engine setups than other. Or both.

Straight outta the 19_3213939_en_OM.pdf (that's the 2019 D390 owners manual)...

see the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow, I'm reading everybody's responses to this, and my own experience was a little different. 2019 model.

The dealer lubed my chain and checked my bolts, and charged me $120 US (for an obligatory hour:D)...

but they updated the software on my cluster to 1V08 (which actually gave me the ability to set fuel cons as an 'mpg' value).

They didn't do anything else to the bike, because I requested that, and because I'd already changed the oil etc at 327 miles.

But...

The service light began flashing on the 35 mile trek to the dealer, at around 627 miles. They reset it, because I hadn't, but that low shift light flash rpm never changed to a new value on mine. When I got home later that night, I changed it myself.

Press SET
Scroll down to Preferences, Press SET
Scroll up to Shift Light, press SET
You will be greeted by the menu you see in the attached picture
Scroll to one of those three options, Press SET and adjust at will; pressing SET will lock-in whatever you adjusted.
Did you just turn the shift light off when you did this?

This doesn't seem to make a difference on mine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did you just turn the shift light off when you did this?

This doesn't seem to make a difference on mine.

No, I actually adjusted each setting.

Just for grins, what is the software version showing at the bottom of your "Service" page on your cluster?

Also, tell me again, what's your current mileage?

·
Registered
25 Posts
No, I actually adjusted each setting.

Just for grins, what is the software version showing at the bottom of your "Service" page on your cluster?

Also, tell me again, what's your current mileage?
651 miles. 1v08

·
Registered
79 Posts
yeah, yurs is the same as mine.

you should be able to just scroll to FLASHES, press SET, be in the flashes menu, scroll to a new value (highlighted), press SET,

then back out with the return key (the loopy arrow),

then scroll to LIGHTS UP, press SET, be in the lights up menu, scroll to a new value (highlighted), press SET,

then back out again with the return key (the loopy arrow),

scroll to SHIFT LIGHT, press SET, and make sure the black dot is in the ON position,

then back out with the return key (the loopy arrow) and call it a day.

Are you actually (scrolling to/highlighting) a new value, then pressing SET, seeing the black dot land on the value you highlighted?

I'm at work, but I keep checking back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yeah, yurs is the same as mine.

you should be able to just scroll to FLASHES, press SET, be in the flashes menu, scroll to a new value (highlighted), press SET,

then back out with the return key (the loopy arrow),

then scroll to LIGHTS UP, press SET, be in the lights up menu, scroll to a new value (highlighted), press SET,

then back out again with the return key (the loopy arrow),

scroll to SHIFT LIGHT, press SET, and make sure the black dot is in the ON position,

then back out with the return key (the loopy arrow) and call it a day.

Are you actually (scrolling to/highlighting) a new value, then pressing SET, seeing the black dot land on the value you highlighted?

I'm at work, but I keep checking back.
Thanks again for replying. I'm at work as well. When I get home I will mess with it again and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys

Who sets the RPM to flash during the break in period, the dealer who puts the bike together (I'd doubt it) or KTM?

I'm curious because my RPM starts to flash at 6500RPM (104km/h) but the owner manual that came with my bike clearly says the maximum RPM during break in is 7500RPM. Should I respect the flashing or I can push it closer to 7500RPM? I'm still 1/2 way through freedom...

Thanks!
I did my break on 6500rpm and respected the flashing !!
I feel good about starting the right way !!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts