KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...just joined the forum after reading lots of useful information. I'll post an introduction at some point this week. I'm in the market for a Duke 390 and have inquired about an all in out-the-door price for new 2020 and 2021 models. I'm in the northeast (i.e. NY/NJ/PA/CT area). Without any negotiation, I'm seeing initial price quotes between $7,100 and $7,500 (based on MSRP of $5,499 or $5,599). Has anyone purchased a 2020 or 2021 model recently, and if so, would you please share a breakdown of your out-the-door price? Most of what I've read here thus far makes it seem like the 2018/2019 model years were purchased for less than $6,000 OTD. Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went to buy a new 2020 390 Duke last September and got the same numbers here in NJ. They wouldn't really budge, either. While I was at the dealer, I found a used 2020 on offer up for $5200 and bought that one. Prices are through the roof since Covid, youre probably not going to do better at any Northeast dealer these days.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...appreciate it. I contacted a few dealers in western PA and northern Virginia regarding 2020 models. I hope to negotiate an OTD price based on a $4,900-$5,000 retail price plus tax, registration, and a "reasonable" freight charge. The fees I've been quoted thus far, including $500 for "Dealer Prep," seem outrageous.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They ARE outrageous! My jaw dropped when I was at the dealer...I was prepared to pay a grand over MSRP...but not 2. In a couple of years when the supply chain is back to normal and demand drops, the dealers will be begging to sell you bike. And used bikes will be cheap again...I can't wait to buy a used Aprilia RS660...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went out the door for 7,200 for a white D390 in NJ, and that's without tax/reg as i'm in NYC. Bike prices are through the roof. Dealer's have you by the horns right now and there's little you can do about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input...appreciate it. I'll keep you all posted on my findings as I've now contacted two dozen dealers up and down the east coast and as far west as Ohio haha. I've also been searching ads each day, hoping to find someone unloading a lightly used model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all...just joined the forum after reading lots of useful information. I'll post an introduction at some point this week. I'm in the market for a Duke 390 and have inquired about an all in out-the-door price for new 2020 and 2021 models. I'm in the northeast (i.e. NY/NJ/PA/CT area). Without any negotiation, I'm seeing initial price quotes between $7,100 and $7,500 (based on MSRP of $5,499 or $5,599). Has anyone purchased a 2020 or 2021 model recently, and if so, would you please share a breakdown of your out-the-door price? Most of what I've read here thus far makes it seem like the 2018/2019 model years were purchased for less than $6,000 OTD. Thanks, Nick
$6300 out the door in New Hampshire for a 2020

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotcha...I'm dealing with a potential similar situation if I purchase using cash outside of NYS. How do you like the bike so far?

·
Registered
2020 KTM 390 Duke
7 Posts
$5800 OTD for my 2020 in November at Eurosport Asheville ( Authorized BMW Motorrad and KTM Dealership located in Asheville NC | Eurosport Asheville ).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quick update for anyone interested...I've contacted and/or visited at least two dozen dealerships in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area and OTD prices have varied greatly. With little negotiation, I'm at just shy of $6,750 on the low. I'm currently deciding if the 2021 in white will work as I prefer the alternative color. Motorcycle Mall in NJ quoted me $8,131 and explained that because of demand, they're asking for full MSRP. I understand supply/demand, but that quote can't possibly consider just full MSRP. There has to be an additional markup, but they have yet to get back to me with a detailed breakdown. I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's definitely the height of the season and they clearly have little motivation to negotiate. With the numbers your quoting its almost worth looking farther south and see what the shipping cost would be.
I can't see paying more than $6400 for a 2020 and maybe $6600 for a 2021.
BUT, it IS the worst time to buy a new bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Completely agree. I've spoken to dealers as far north as Buffalo and as far south as Orlando. A few of my friends still amateur road race along the east coast, so I reached out to them about potentially trailering a new bike to my general vicinity (e.g. NJMP). The lack of supply here is crushing most negotiating leverage. My target has been the $6,400 to $6,700 range. I'm willing to pay for what I feel is reasonable, but bike charges in excess of the MSRP or freight in excess of what KTM publishes is a no-go for me. One quote I received included $550 for freight and $550 for dealer prep. Thanks, but no thanks, I'll wait.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts