KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today in Good ole Florida Summer as a very pale man I did a full change of chain and sprockets.
I figured hey, if I am going down two teeth should I go down two links as well since the internet told me too.

Well I was way wrong after five hours and a very sunburnt self even though I did all my work under a tree.

Turns out I was glad I bought both a 110 and 112 length chain though the 112 chain was in very sketchy packaging compared to the first (Thanks Unnamed Popular Retailer!)
I never considered counting the links even though the 112 arrived in a bag outside of the box. Politely the label on the box had the model number blacked out and "112" was written in. Well at least all the parts were there and undamaged.

Anyway, After trial and error the 110 length chain was too short for the 43T rear sprocket with new OEM 15T front. It was short by maybe 10mm. So I installed the "112" chain no problem except that the tension was further than my worn out beyond belief original chain.

Guess I will count all the links tomorrow before I file a grievance with the online retailer.
The OEM chain lasted 9700 miles and the sprockets look better than the supersprox replacement parts that I had to bribe to get.

The gearing adjustment is a joy otherwise with the amount of aftermarket parts I have.

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Today in Good ole Florida Summer as a very pale man I did a full change of chain and sprockets.
I figured hey, if I am going down two teeth should I go down two links as well since the internet told me too.

Well I was way wrong after five hours and a very sunburnt self even though I did all my work under a tree.

Turns out I was glad I bought both a 110 and 112 length chain though the 112 chain was in very sketchy packaging compared to the first (Thanks Unnamed Popular Retailer!)
I never considered counting the links even though the 112 arrived in a bag outside of the box. Politely the label on the box had the model number blacked out and "112" was written in. Well at least all the parts were there and undamaged.

Anyway, After trial and error the 110 length chain was too short for the
So have you tried the new gearing? I changed my rear tire to a 150 with a 44 rear sprocket... Rpm a bit lower for the open road but I feel the difference againt the wind and uphill areas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts