KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 390
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey team,

When I purchased my 2021 Duke 390 brand new 3 months ago, I was under the impression that these newer models were able to have the quick shifter enabled (at a cost). I also understood that the 2021 models shipped in other countries came standard with the quickshifter, but the Australian ones had it listed as an optional extra on the KTM website.

so I’m in for first service and keen to get the quick shifter enabled, after some mucking around the dealer finds the part number and confirms pricing $390 - all good. They try to plug in and enable the upgrade with their fancy computer, but no such upgrade is available. Apparently they have queried this with the Australian KTM team and KTM team in Austria only to now tell me that the 2021 390 Duke can’t have the quick shifter enabled? All this despite it being listed as a power part, many other countries having the quick shifter enabled etc?

Tell me, is the dealer fobbing me off because it is all a bit too hard? Or, is it true that just the 2021 Dukes sold in Aus can’t have the quick shifter feature enabled? Has anyone here had success enabling it? Kind of a feature that helped sell me on the bike tbh.

·
Administrator
2,247 Posts
If you suspect KTM Aus pulling a quicky, contact customer service Austria and ask them. Keep ur VIN # at hand or better yet send that with ur inquiry to Austria.
If PowerParts lists it in their Aus brochure, one would expect the option to be available.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The NZ and Aus 2021 models are a mix of the new and old. There are relatively few changes anyway. I think most models here have the older exhaust routing - because our emissions standards don't require the new one - and won't accept a quickshifter. The QS isn't listed in the NZ powerparts catalogue and even though my dealer thought it would work, it didn't.

If you haven't got an ecu piggyback or O2 sensor modulator to fix the lean fuelling, do that first. It transforms the bike into what it was intended to be. Better than any other mods by a long shot.

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 390
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The NZ and Aus 2021 models are a mix of the new and old. There are relatively few changes anyway. I think most models here have the older exhaust routing - because our emissions standards don't require the new one - and won't accept a quickshifter. The QS isn't listed in the NZ powerparts catalogue and even though my dealer thought it would work, it didn't.

If you haven't got an ecu piggyback or O2 sensor modulator to fix the lean fuelling, do that first. It transforms the bike into what it was intended to be. Better than any other mods by a long shot.
Ahhh, I just assumed mine was a BS6 one, but I went out to the shed and had a look at the exhaust and it does wrap around the engine, not under it. I just figured that a 2021 bike would be the 2021 BS6 one… just goes to show, you need to be very specific/ check when you buy things. I had really wanted the quickshifter and was quite specific about it when I bought it…

Now I just need to look forward to getting my open license in a year so I can buy an MT09 I guess, at least that will do what it says on the box…

yea, I fitted the Fuelx lite - absolute game changer eh.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same here. Was pretty disappointing. Not very impressed with the local dealer. They are definitely 2021 bikes though. Mine was made in Nov last year. The older exhaust routing may even be better though? Dunno.

·
Registered
11 Posts
FuelX Lite is excellent, Boosterplug won't supply for 2020 onwards as Jens Lyk has issues getting around EURO-5, so fitted the FuelXO2 sensor mod instead. This is weird as it cures the stalling and snatchy fuelling from idle and pickup, which is the area I thought Lambda didn't apply to, and mapping did.

·
Administrator
2,247 Posts
The O2 modulators work in closed loop, low revs.
In open loop the ECU doesn't pay attention to the Lambda sensor and KTM is known of being on the rich of the fueling side already.

FuelX Lite is excellent, Boosterplug won't supply for 2020 onwards as Jens Lyk has issues getting around EURO-5, so fitted the FuelXO2 sensor mod instead. This is weird as it cures the stalling and snatchy fuelling from idle and pickup, which is the area I thought Lambda didn't apply to, and mapping did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts