KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday at 600 miles the display SERVICE indicator came on.

Wondering a few things?
Is this for it's first service that it's supposed to have a 620 miles?

If so, how do you get the indicator off? ( I change my own oil and such )

OR

If it's not supposed to come on for the first 620 mile service.... I have installed a Powertronic ECU. Should I remove it before I take it to the dealership to get the bike checked out?

THIA!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Remove the aftermarket tuning box and let the dealer do the service, the bike may be due a firmware upgrade which may improve it.
Also you will likely invalidate the warranty if you do it yourself.

l hope they charge less than l got charged though, £200 (around $300) and they didn't do the valve check as its no longer needed at the initial service.

Safe to say my bike has never seen the dealer again, l've serviced it myself.
But as the second service wasn't due for 12 months after the first one, the warranty had run out by then anyway.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yes it does, my first service was actually done after six months.
Due to COVID l couldn't get the second service done, first the dealer wasn't taking bikes in, then they never returned my calls or emails asking if they could service it. "The service department will call you to book it in" etc
They are my nearest dealer, around 60 miles round trip.

The next KTM dealer is around 250 miles round trip.

So eventually l did it myself, by which time the bike was two years old.
lt's still done only 1,400 miles and has had two services.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The light comes on early for a reason. Most people don't bring it in for service right when the light comes on and some people, like me, ride it to their dealer for service which means more miles. You can manually adjust the reminder just look up a youtube video on how to do it but remember to bring it in soon. I would have the dealer do the first service and then depending on your competence you can do the rest. There is a full shop service manual available online to download (google it for your model year) and just follow it step by step unless you are in a hurry/don't have the time. Personally I have the money but not the time so I bring it to the dealer even though I have the skill. I would rather spend my time riding the bike than working on it. Small stuff I do myself, but the service intervals require a bit of work to do them right. Would take me a couple hours to do it right and I don't always have time for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts