KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I'm in the process of purchasing a 2022 Duke 390. (Canadian market)
I did a lot of searching around to get a conclusive answer, even the dealer can't confirm for me at this time.
Do all the 2022 Dukes come with the Quickshifter+ option or can it at least be added after? I don't want to be in a situation where I'm told it can be added and then I find out it can't be done after the run-in service.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

I think it really depends on the market if the QS will be installed. However, you can always install the QS later on, it is just a software update at your dealer. I am going for my run-in service next month and install the QS feature. I think there should not be any problems with installing it. At least I hope so, since I have it planned in my close future.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it's like the 2021 then the hardware is installed. You just have to pay for the dealer to activate the software. Wait and ride the bike, first. I never installed the QS+. The bike shifts very smoothly and effortlessly up and down. Save the cash for gas or other accessories.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My '22 requires me going to the dealer and paying for the download. I find it kind of nut's that it's already installed but we have to pay for activation. Regardless the bike shifts fine without it, and I can shift most of the time without the clutch if i wanted to!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Per Roadracing World & Motorcycle Technology magazine, the bike comes equipped with a “up and down” electronic quick-shifter. It’s supposedly works OK.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2020 390 Adventure, and it's by far the best money I've spent on the bike.

I recently wore out the clutch switch, making QS inoperative, and I really missed it.

BY ALL MEANS, GET THE QS+ OPTION!

·
Registered
25 Posts
If it’s 2021 Duke 390 and up it already has hardware to enable qs+ get a dealer to do it for free. It takes a few minutes they just activate it with the diagnostic tool. KTM is a huge ripoff trying to charge for this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts