KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I ran out of full at that point.... I was zipping along on a freeway at 120kph when the D390 coughed..... I quickly pulled in the clutch, rolled down and off the nearest offramp, rolled about 1km and rolled right into a petrol station! I had a little spurt of gas in the middle which helped get back up from 20kph to 70kph but it only lasted seconds. I reckon I rolled over 1.2 km in total.

So the keypoints for me were;

10.4 L max useable (I think the manual says 10.5L? - that's from empty to the filler lip) equates to about 230km. However the fuel gauge is completely untrustworthy - it was indicated empty about 15 km into the 'low warning light' range (when Trip F starts clocking over). For future reference I plan to assume 40KM max in Trip F.

·
Registered
11 Posts
nice info dude. so far my fc is at roughly 200km until F trip appear. maybe because of my aggresive use of throttle

too chicken to ride around when low fuel. dont want to push my bike to the nearest petrol pumps. haha. if riding moped sure can push. but the d390? nope. haha

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice info dude. so far my fc is at roughly 200km until F trip appear. maybe because of my aggresive use of throttle

too chicken to ride around when low fuel. dont want to push my bike to the nearest petrol pumps. haha. if riding moped sure can push. but the d390? nope. haha
I normally go into Trip F at about 190KM so that's almost the same.

I was very lucky to not to have to get off and push. Finding a service station in Singapore that close by was a small miracle.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
5th Gear and about 70-75kmph. This gives about 36kmpl fuel average. I use this when in the Trip F mode and fuel stations not in sight.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Ive never seen this Trip F you mention, woohoo something new to learn:D
Ive never ran it lower than the final 2-3 bars, when Im in the city its too convenient to just refill before I head back up the mountain (no Ron95 up here) and due to distance between towns or riding area's I have to fill the tank no matter how much is in it. An average between towns can be from 35km's to 120km's.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Ive never seen this Trip F you mention, woohoo something new to learn:D
Ive never ran it lower than the final 2-3 bars, when Im in the city its too convenient to just refill before I head back up the mountain (no Ron95 up here) and due to distance between towns or riding area's I have to fill the tank no matter how much is in it. An average between towns can be from 35km's to 120km's.
Lol, I am pretty much an expert in Trip F now, mostly because of my lazyness -would always think, "let me fill it up at the next station" :D
As a precaution, I now carry about 2liter of spare fuel in a coke bottle.
So much for the puny tank :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts