KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing stock w/ Lithium, what looks and is listed to be a battery strap except that it was never attached to anything, I could find no tab to connect it to. If it wasn't being used and I won't use it why not just cut off?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,692 Posts
On my first-Gen, this rubber strap hooks onto a metal retaining hook keeping the battery in place and thus is useful and serves that purpose.
When you have opted though for a Lithium-Ion battery in a smaller size the strap most likely won't do much good in the initial purpose.
You do not need to cut it though (on the first-Gen) as it is clamped on both sides.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I suspect it's clamped (as mentioned) on both sides, so no need to cut it. Even if it isn't, I wouldn't cut it. Even if the Li battery is smaller, it likely will still work, but just won't be as tight. Either way, I wouldn't cut it - what if you go back to a standard battery at some point?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't make any difference as there was no clamp to attach it to. Seemed pretty standard except no attach point? Anyway cut it back and left enough length to tuck in and not worry about the other end rattlnig around in the tailpiece and possibly causing some issue. The ithium battery was probably the most cost effective means of reducing weigh besides removing pasenger pegs/bracket.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wouldn't make any difference as there was no clamp to attach it to. Seemed pretty standard except no attach point? Anyway cut it back and left enough length to tuck in and not worry about the other end rattlnig around in the tailpiece and possibly causing some issue. The ithium battery was probably the most cost effective means of reducing weigh besides removing pasenger pegs/bracket.
... or avoid buffets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts