KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
First post On this wonderful forum. Just picked up a 2020 390 ADV to get back into biking after a hiatus of a few years.
Regarding the tires, is there any reason the bike comes with a 130 rear when the very similar Duke comes with a 150, oft upgraded to a 160.
As also, have any owners changed to the Pirelli Rallyes? Mainly Road use. However.
My general road conditions are simply appalling and I am not a 100% confident in the Metzlers for potholes, white lines, manhole covers, uneven tarmac, slush, rain and loose mud/gravel
Any advice please?
much appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response.
That would make sense, however, if the bike were mainly used on tarmac with the very occasional foray onto rutted/gravel roads, would a wider tire be more appropriate?
There doesn't seem to be much information or any guides out there, with regard to the Adventure.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Congrats for the purchase! Stock tkc70 is good for your needs. After 10000 miles that they will last you can go for a more tarmak oriented tyre like a ticker metzeler turance next and Dunlop trailsmart, or a 50 - 50 tire like enduro Sahara, trailmax or tkc80.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have decided on the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR in 110/80-19 and 150/70-17 to keep the diameters as close to stock as possible. (Stock is 100/90-19 and 130/80-17)
Don't really know if they will fit or rub, or how they will perform, but someone has to be the first to try

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have decided on the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR in 110/80-19 and 150/70-17 to keep the diameters as close to stock as possible. (Stock is 100/90-19 and 130/80-17)
Don't really know if they will fit or rub, or how they will perform, but someone has to be the first to try
Hi did the tyres fit without issues? I'm considering the same size however I'm looking at Michelin Anakee Wilds

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi
The rear tyre will fit. It’s the front size I’m having a hard time finding.
There is a new video up on YouTube where this guy has Managed to mount spoked wheels with TKC80’s on his 390ADV. It looks fantastic! 150/70 at the back. 100/90 front.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts