KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

it is possible to install a 390 duke engine into the 200 duke chassis?

I understand many of the components are indeed shared across the range but I cant seem to find any technical details on this subject of

Ecu, forks, suspension, fuel tank, electronics, wheels/tyres?

If anyone has any experience in this subject then I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks for your time.
Reza

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi All

it is possible to install a 390 duke engine into the 200 duke chassis?

I understand many of the components are indeed shared across the range but I cant seem to find any technical details on this subject of

Ecu, forks, suspension, fuel tank, electronics, wheels/tyres?

If anyone has any experience in this subject then I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks for your time.
Reza

Sell your D200 and buy a D390. Seriously.

·
Registered
520 Posts
agreed. for the cost you might as well just get the 390

unless you are trying to avoid some sort of legislation against the 390.

·
Registered
573 Posts
not possible, different engine mounting, unless you do some customisation to the engine mount, and u need a 390 ecu to make it work, also, the leg rest might obstruct the brake and gear lever. IMHO

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm looking to do the same thing..They don't have the 390 here in Indonesia

They don't have the 390 here in Indonesia and the single one they sold was almost US$12,000 on the road.

From what I can see the chassis and bodywork suspension is the same in the two Dukes.. Seems the brakes are a bit bigger in the 390.
I have found a 390 motor for $1500 with 2K on it..
Different motor mounts are easy at any mod shop..
can anybody tell me what other issues I might have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It will work,I have a 390 engine in a 125 frame ,all of this duke range use an identical frame,it's a perfect fit all mounts are the same not sure about ecu but the mechanics are perfect

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Scott, I'm interested by this swap project for my Duke 125 could you say me more please ?

Replacement parts complte engine (with gearbox and starter), ecu, exhaust, box filter, what more please ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I started with a duke 390 with a bent frame and brought a cheap 125 frame off ebay, I used all duke 390 parts ie clocks,ecu,loom,petrol tank,rear sprocket,are needed from the 390,also you need 390 exhaust I think,gearbox and starter also used from 390,the only 125 parts that can be used are,the frame,wheels,forks,fairing,seats, u basically need full engine from 390 with all engine components,all 390 electrical wiring including ecu,tank,and maybe brakes.

It's an easy swap if you have a bit of time good luck !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts