KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My names Mitch, and I love my little 390! had it for a couple of months and use it to commute daily and longer rides on the weekend as well as a bit of track riding, taking it to my first drag night tomorrow. Started modifying it the day I took delivery, largely just cosmetic things, making it look a bit cleaner. Attached some pics of it a month or so back, couple more mods since but I'm yet to take some pics.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, the seat was well worth it. Much more comfortable than the stock item especially for long rides.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, yeah it's the ktm cowl, pricey part for wgat it is but worth it. Had a good night at the drags, best time was a 14.5 @ 150km/h. Should be able to get it down to a 14 flat if I work on my launches, pretty lack lustre atm!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the bars are stock, the mirrors i found on ebay, just type in motorcycle bar end mirrors and plenty will come up.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
i found and bought these ones they look exaxctly the same but different colour. but i have no idea how to fit them

Pair Gold Color Universal Motorcycle Bar End Side Rear View Mirrors -in Side Mirrors & Accessories from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Remove the current bar ends (if any, usually fastened with an allen key) and replace with these. There may be a threaded insert in the bar ends that you either need to remove, knock in, re use or re-thread. It's not hard.

MAKE SURE the throttle returns easily to idle after fitting and before you blast off!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Remove the current bar ends (if any, usually fastened with an allen key) and replace with these. There may be a threaded insert in the bar ends that you either need to remove, knock in, re use or re-thread. It's not hard.

MAKE SURE the throttle returns easily to idle after fitting and before you blast off!
isnt it a bad idea to take the bar weights off? i was hoping to mod them somehow to fit over the standard bar weights and

·
Registered
33 Posts

ok ive figured out how they work the only thing i cant figure out is how to remove the original threaded insert. any ideas?

·
Registered
573 Posts
the original threaded insert is Glued ... i tried to knock it in but it just wont move a micron .. so i plan to replace the whole handlebar ....

i was planning to put in an anti-vibration insert ...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts