KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Everyone

I have a '14 390 and I'm quite tired with the stock "coffee pot" exhaust notes and wanted something more bass-y without the need for a fuel controller/ECU piggy back.

Has anyone tried doing a v2 catback exhaust on a v1 390? Now, I'm curious if we can only use the v2 catalytic (without the OEM resonator) and an aftermarket catback if it'll work without fueling issues?

Thanks!!
Tire Wheel Jeans Bicycle tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi, Everyone

I have a '14 390 and I'm quite tired with the stock "coffee pot" exhaust notes and wanted something more bass-y without the need for a fuel controller/ECU piggy back.

Has anyone tried doing a v2 catback exhaust on a v1 390? Now, I'm curious if we can only use the v2 catalytic (without the OEM resonator) and an aftermarket catback if it'll work without fueling issues?

Thanks!!
View attachment 53943
Your pic shows a V2 exhaust on a V1 bike.... Hanger for the can looks silly though. I prefer the Leo Vince mid pipe and can I have on my 16 vs that for sure... And its had a DB killer that keeps backpressure, so you wouldn't really need a fuel controller unless you ran an opened airbox lid.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your pic shows a V2 exhaust on a V1 bike.... Hanger for the can looks silly though. I prefer the Leo Vince mid pipe and can I have on my 16 vs that for sure... And its had a DB killer that keeps backpressure, so you wouldn't really need a fuel controller unless you ran an opened the airbox lid.

View attachment 53966
Anything that helps keep back pressure would do? I was thinking of getting a V2 header with the V2 mini catalytic that I just bought. After that it gets coupled to a locally made mid pipe and aftermarket exhaust tip
Looks similar to this:
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
183 Posts
Backpressure is good if you're only looking for more sound and not wanting to get a tuner.... Some people with 2nd gen bikes have used a deep hole saw and cut the factor DB killer out of the stock can to get more sound, there's a video on Youtube HERE. If you get too much of a flowing exhaust, you will want to get a tuner to compensate for the extra flow of the EX.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Backpressure is good if you're only looking for more sound and not wanting to get a tuner.... Some people with 2nd gen bikes have used a deep hole saw and cut the factor DB killer out of the stock can to get more sound, there's a video on Youtube HERE. If you get too much of a flowing exhaust, you will want to get a tuner to compensate for the extra flow of the EX.
Appreciate the insights - That is where the bike will most likely go to, untuned with an aftermarket exhaust and see how it goes :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts