KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
, Everyone

I have a '14 390 and I'm quite tired with the stock "coffee pot" exhaust notes and wanted something more bass-y without the need for a fuel controller/ECU piggy back. Has anyone tried doing a v2 catback exhaust on a v1 390? Now, I'm curious if we can only use the V1 header + v2 catalytic and the rest aftermarket...
Tire Wheel Jeans Bicycle tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That circled I believe is the Pre-silencer not the Cat. The cat is up closer to the engine.
Hey buddy, that's why I thought of asking if anyone did a cat back exhaust. I just bought a v2 catalytic, it needs modification to fit a V1 header. So i'd buy a V2 header instead so it's plug n play

·
Registered
807 Posts
Will there be minimal changes to the fueling if we only do a cat-back exhaust?
Normally if it’s the only change. But that assumes you have a gen 2. Since you are replacing the entire exhaust with a different cat and presilencer design then assumptions are harder. Given the 2 probably runs leaner you are probably ok.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Normally if it’s the only change. But that assumes you have a gen 2. Since you are replacing the entire exhaust with a different cat and presilencer design then assumptions are harder. Given the 2 probably runs leaner you are probably ok.
I will continue to check the plugs before and after the V2 exhaust swap. I will update the thread later on. Thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts