KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

After numerous requests I thought I'd finally get around to making the design files for these projects available. There are 3 projects....

1).. An open airbox lid that uses the stock or aftermarket filter (DNA, K&N etc.) in the normal location, ie fitting down into the lower airbox.

2).. An open airbox lid that uses the stock or K&N filter in the upside-down location, ie fitting on top of the lower airbox.

3).. A set of fuel tank filler rings, kinda like the GIVI TankLock series, that will allow you to fit a small hard case onto (actually, slightly above) your tank. The bag I used is a waterproof hardcase for a GoPro camera off eBay.

Fine Print:

- I know these items fit the 1st Gen. Dukes up to 2017 but can't say for sure if they will or won't fit the 2017 model onwards.

- There is no warranty or guarantee on these models. They worked for me but you'll have to decide if they work for you. I have included STEP format copies of the models so you can change them if you like.

- Remember, after all these are just plastic parts. The % infill you use will influence their strength, and don't expect them to be as strong as metal ones. Treat them with care & they will last. I have been using mine for over 12 months without problems.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
many thanks to Phil aka The Mariner for his contributions to the community!

I've been running his airbox cover and tank filler rings for some time now - they work well.

As he mentions, the infill percentage is important, particularly on the tank filler ring pieces - I had the tank side mount break when I had a heavier load in the bag. I've since had it reprinted at 100% infill and no issues now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,

After numerous requests I thought I'd finally get around to making the design files for these projects available. There are 3 projects....

1).. An open airbox lid that uses the stock or aftermarket filter (DNA, K&N etc.) in the normal location, ie fitting down into the lower airbox.

2).. An open airbox lid that uses the stock or K&N filter in the upside-down location, ie fitting on top of the lower airbox.

3).. A set of fuel tank filler rings, kinda like the GIVI TankLock series, that will allow you to fit a small hard case onto (actually, slightly above) your tank. The bag I used is a waterproof hardcase for a GoPro camera off eBay.

Fine Print:

- I know these items fit the 1st Gen. Dukes up to 2017 but can't say for sure if they will or won't fit the 2017 model onwards.

- There is no warranty or guarantee on these models. They worked for me but you'll have to decide if they work for you. I have included STEP format copies of the models so you can change them if you like.

- Remember, after all these are just plastic parts. The % infill you use will influence their strength, and don't expect them to be as strong as metal ones. Treat them with care & they will last. I have been using mine for over 12 months without problems.
I know it's been awhile, but any chance you can share these files with me?

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
I know it's been awhile, but any chance you can share these files with me?
send me your email address and I'll try to find the files for you.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Files sent :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Reactions: atinc and KTMasean
1 - 8 of 8 Posts