KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like it could be a really nice setup. Supposedly 55hp almost as light as 390 . 278 degree parallel twin so good sound . Where I live 690 cost twice as much as a 390. The 790 a good bit more than that.
The 490 won't be cheap but I'm guessing 1500 more than 390 adventure or 2k more than 390 Duke. Anyway I was curious what others thought about this future middle sized Duke .

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
A 390 is 5600 in the U.S.A . I'm thinking 7,000. Which is about 5,000 less than a 790 .

....but likely its nearest competitor will be other 500's, other small light *relatively powerful bikes, other A2 license compliant bikes (In the UK) or similar elsewhere. Not the 790.

And its appeal will probably come down to price. And [Like the 390].....quality of components - for people looking for bang-for-their-buck.

I also wonder how many other manufacturers will jump on the bandwagon; and make the 500cc class a really competitive sector. and therefore how long KTM might have the edge being one of few options for a while ?

We as KTM owners might be slightly biased of course. And may not reflect the general feeling of how this bike might be received.

Saying all of that. I'd be pretty excited over one for my needs; and hope it gets released. Soon !!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HOLY CRAP! Haven't checked out prices in a while, they've gone WAY up since the 17's came out!!! Definitely 490 will be in the high 7k range. Glad I only gave $2800 cash for my 16 with only 2600 miles on it :cool:
I gave 3400 for my 16 with 3,000 miles and I feel like I got a deal. I haven't seen another one under 4,000 near me .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
....but likely its nearest competitor will be other 500's, other small light *relatively powerful bikes, other A2 license compliant bikes (In the UK) or similar elsewhere. Not the 790.

And its appeal will probably come down to price. And [Like the 390].....quality of components - for people looking for bang-for-their-buck.

I also wonder how many other manufacturers will jump on the bandwagon; and make the 500cc class a really competitive sector. and therefore how long KTM might have the edge being one of few options for a while ?

We as KTM owners might be slightly biased of course. And may not reflect the general feeling of how this bike might be received.

Saying all of that. I'd be pretty excited over one for my needs; and hope it gets released. Soon !!!!
The factory it was supposed to be built in had a fire. They might have it built in China or fix the factory in India . The videos I've seen claim 55 hp 35 ft lbs so not A2 compliant which isn't a thing in the USA. SV 650 is 75 hp and 47 ft lbs for 7200 here according to internet. The KTM will be lighter and have better components fit and finish is my guess for a similar price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts