KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,626 Posts
Sorry,
On the Japanese Yoshimura website under KTM it shows 6 models non of which is an RC390.
I have no idea what the US website is, it also states: "Made in the USA"?
Perhaps it is a partnership doing different brands and models?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
From the research and videos that I saw on YouTube and websites that I visited it seems as the 390 Duke RC version never made it to the United states

My goal is to make this pipe work on the standard Duke 390

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I think the best way to resolve this issue would be for somebody who has the rc390 2015 or 2017 to measure their header length width diameter to see if I can compare it to my 2015 header

If the headers are the same I could order the remaining parts that I do not have in order to mount and attach the exhaust

The closest KTM dealership to me is over 4 hours away and I asked them if they had any of the headers in stock that would go on this bike and they did not they would have to order it and then if it did not work or fit that would be 8 hours of driving for nothing

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey T.D.P have you looked at mnnthbx.com? They have Yoshi cans on their site and are at least on the same continent as you.... s.e. US I think? They'll have a wealth of knowledge from what I can tell.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Ive been looking at other stuff for my bike... It seems I have to specificallly search for 2013-2016 us version to find stuff I need. Here is an example.

And after an excessive unreasonable amount of research, The US version of the 390 DUKE year 2013-2016 is the same as the RC390 Duke 2014-2015 when it comes to exhaust mounting / types / use

In order to used slip on style exhaust you will need a Silencer Bracket as well

I hope no one else has to endure this struggle.

·
Super Moderator
1,626 Posts
Please allow me to quote a part of your initial post:
"I am use to having a bike that makes a little bit more noise and I really like the sound of the Yoshimura R77 3QTR. I have a few questions though"

Your endured struggle is nothing but self-inflicted and I bet the majority of bikers actually find this a large enjoyment part of owning and modifying their bike.

It is a constant development 'educating' manufacturers in our bikes as I have found over the past nine years riding Dukes.
Today, again, I have received the following email from Bitubo, Italy:
"Thank you for your email
May I kindly ask you if you can send us the copy of the vehicle booklet? We don’t have your bike in our catalogue and we would like to check the type code"

So there are two approaches to this, either I start a rant on how incapable the International renowned Bitubo suspension factory is or for that matter KTM on this forum, or I provide them with the information for all future small Duke/RC riders to benefit from this effortless email to them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I say both, sometimes a little drama gets much needed attention.

As for the self inflicted struggle, I didn't know it would hurt this much... After all its a 2015... That should be more than enough time for manufacture to find out about the bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
After a few more hours of research I have finally committed to purchasing the parts and they are on order now.

I'll post before and after pictures so anyone in my situation has a good idea of how they can accomplish a custom exhaust set up with this bike

So far the purchase list:
Tidy Fender us version
rapid bike Evo e c u
Yoshimura r77 exhaust and Cat delete mid pipe
exhaust bracket
Totaling 1150 USD

still to purchase
orange underglow lighting for night riding
less offensive and nerdy side mirrors

21 - 34 of 34 Posts