KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my issue I've got a ktm duke 2012 125. Christmas eve my bike cut out about a mile from the house. And wouldn't start. So pushed it home. Got home noticed the fuel pump wasn't priming replaced with a new one and still not priming. So checked the battery its 12.8v and drops to 12.4v with ignition on. Then decided to check the spark against a ground and there's no spark with old or new spark plug. Put it back together then the pump primed. So i rode it less than 50 yards and she cut out again and back to no priming or spark. Then noticed a fi error stating the idle control valve issues, so replaced that. But again still the issue of no pump priming and no spark. But I've noticed as I turn the key the throttle body vibrates and makes a funny buzzing noise. I've checked all the fuses and relays but can't find a problem.

Anyone have any ideas why I have no fuel pump priming and no spark.

I appreciate any help.

· Administrator
2,667 Posts
I have a 2012 Duke 200 and if anything fishy is happening, I've learned to put a new battery in her
Another thing you might check is the wiring harness where it bridges from frame to headlight.

· Registered
2013 KTM Duke 390
136 Posts
You probably have wiring issues, especially grounds if you get multiple failures at a time. Take off the tank and check the grounds properly. There should be 2 near the ECU and one near the steering neck. two more at the back

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've checked all the grounds and cleaned them up and it's still the same. Checked through the harness and that's all good. When turning the ignition on there is a funny buzzing and vibrating coming from the throttle body happens for about 2 seconds then stops then switching the ignition off it happens again every second for about half a second for about 5 them stops. Tried to upload voice note of it but can't.

· Registered
2013 KTM Duke 390
136 Posts
When turning the ignition on there is a funny buzzing and vibrating coming from the throttle body happens for about 2 seconds then stops then switching the ignition off it happens again every second for about half a second for about 5 them stops. Tried to upload voice note of it but can't.
Another member had a similar issue, it strangely went away with a new spark plug? I suggest you have a look as well

· Registered
19 Posts
Right here a massive update. The roll over sensor was stopping the fuel pump and spark. Soo I've took it off for now till my new arrives tomorrow. Bike starts and runs now. Hopefully this might help someone else down the line!
Nice to know that ! I was thinking all the time what symptoms are if that little box is dead, very helpfull, thanks for posting your problem

1 - 13 of 13 Posts