KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

Added Aux Lights

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Nochain 
#1 ·
Added a set of aux lights and two way switch. Amber and white driving lights. Works better than expected.
Automotive lighting Art Tints and shades Lens flare Street light
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Atmosphere Automotive lighting Cloud Atmospheric phenomenon Art

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Automotive lighting Art Tints and shades Lens flare Street light
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

See less See more
#3 ·
Did you just hardwire them in or use anything special? I have been toying with the idea of using something from
DENALI Electronics - LED Lights, CANsmart Controllers, Horns, & More
Hi I got the lights on ebay. The switch I got is US made and not expensive from 12Vtechnology.com I used the switched power spare spade connector leads (power and ground) found above the engine. I soldered and heat shrunk the switch and light leads together as that is a no fail connection.

#6 ·
Thumbs up. More light is always better.

And i say that with a bit of experience. august 2021, 1030 pm on my way home, two pitbulls ran out in the street,
directly in front of me, just after i clicked 5th gear (actually 4th, but I am geared 16/43).
well, one of them is outright dead; ended up taking me over the last year to mend/rehab my torn right shoulder.
maybe if there had been more light on the road, those toads wouldn't have jumped out from between those two cars
the way they did.
I don't ever wanna take that long getting back up again (but at least I never had a chance to even let go of the bike)

More light is always better.

#8 ·
Oh I got right back on the bike alright. I left the dumb dog there, of course, right after I reassured him how smart he really was.

But i really like your light options, I've been looking for the right set myself. Originally, and still occasionally, I was thinking more along the lines of something that functioned as a turn-actuated cornering light. I still have a tendency to wanna throw it over a little far in the dark, it would be nice to be sure I was on the line lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.