KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a possible replacement for the rear foot brake lever that is adjustable? I find the positioning of the stock one quite awkward and there doesn't appear to be any adjustment in it.

This might be because I'm a taller rider 6'2", I have to completely lift my foot up off the foot peg to use the rear brakes rather than just rock my foot up over the lever.

If not I'll have to design and machine an adjustable one myself.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Does anyone know of a possible replacement for the rear foot brake lever that is adjustable? I find the positioning of the stock one quite awkward and there doesn't appear to be any adjustment in it.

This might be because I'm a taller rider 6'2", I have to completely lift my foot up off the foot peg to use the rear brakes rather than just rock my foot up over the lever.

Havent seen any options for either foot control. The brake is a simple plunger rod, I was thinking you could either extend that or shorten it to get the desired position, probably have to modify the small bolt adjustment. havent really looked into it to much.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Actually yeah good point I could easily shorten the rod to get the right position. Hopefully the free play screw is long enough so I don't have to replace it.

The gear lever has an adjustable length rod which i've already adjusted.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mitchb have you looked into adjustable foot pegs.
I got a set off EBay which give about +/- 2cm adjustment.
Don't remember dealer sorry.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did that to mine...positioned the rear brake lever lower. Better feel and positioning due to that simple mod. I did the same to the gear shift pedal shift rod...positioned it lower too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I already have some M factory foot pegs, with the 25mm adjustment, but I found the stepped adjuster put my feet in a really weird position, about 1.5 inches further out each side as I tend to rest my feet hard in against the bike on top of the hinges for the foot pegs, and once my feet were further out I was completely missing the gear and brake lever. So I removed the stepped adjuster and just use them as normal foot pegs. I have it all set up fairly comfortably for my day to day riding, still a bit cramped when I want to raise my feet up on the pegs to get the bike leaned right over in corners, otherwise the toe of my boots always hits the tarmac.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
25mm Extend Front Adjustable Foot Pegs KTM Duke 200 2012 2013 | eBay

Those are the foot pegs i'm talking about. so normally i keep my feet hard in against the bike so i'm actually resting my feet ontop of the hinges of the foot peg as well as the foot pegs. but with that L shaped step it means i can't have my feet over the hinge as then they won't be on the peg itself. so to rest on the pegs I have to move my feet outwards, which makes it difficult to hit the levers without really turning your toes in towards them which is uncomfortable. Hope that makes sense

·
Registered
5 Posts

Here is the link for the mod I have done.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.453304064703981.106694.100000731730122&type=1&l=d35be93af8

·
Registered
675 Posts
I rode mine some more last night. I definitely lost some leverage by shortening the rod but at least I can use the rear brake now. I think I'll go to a machine shop this winter to relocate the tab on the brake lever and put a standard length rod back in but for now it helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Just cut out the adjusting rod 3 mm and it will easily adjut with the adjusting nut just cut from above

1 - 17 of 17 Posts