KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to drop the rear brake lever down by about 10mm. I couldn't see how to adjust it? Any help welcome.

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
I'd like to drop the rear brake lever down by about 10mm. I couldn't see how to adjust it? Any help welcome.
Loosen the bolt that fastens the connector to the shaft that comes out of the gearbox, pull the connector off the shaft carefully, then rotate in the direction you want by one spline. Do this until you have the adjustment you want, then fasten the bolt with blue Loctite.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Fortunately it's something that can be viewed without having a facebook account, since I was able to see it and not be logged in, managed to pull this out too:

Oh wow, that's quite a bit easier than what I thought, was talking purely from experience with previous bikes! :eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
we'll see if it locks up, I did the adjustment tonight and will test tomorrow.

it already feels better as I can leave my foot on the leaver comfortably now.

keep you all posted.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I rode mine some more last night. I definitely lost some leverage by shortening the rod but at least I can use the rear brake now. I think I'll go to a machine shop this winter to relocate the tab on the brake lever and put a standard length rod back in but for now it helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
update--

so the resting of my foot was perfect... I dropped it as far as I could. The only issue is very very reduced stopping power now. I want to adjust it back a little for more umph.

but feels so good under my foot... lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey! Thread resurrection time!!

The rear footbrake on my Duke is unusable owing to it being just unfathomably high, meaning I have to lift my foot each time I need to use it. It's just a PITA

The lever has two adjustments - free play and height. The free play is not to be messed with I've found (not too much at least), but the instructions on the lever height are not that helpful (read: not at all). I can see there's a locknut, a rubber boot, a clevis joint and a split pin. Do I need to undo the split pin, undo the clevis joint from the lever assembly, then ROTATE the clevis joint-thingy (technical term) in (i.e. upwards) then re-set the locknut, reattach the clevis joint and test?

My issue is that I can't really access the split pin past the Akro exhaust.

some guidance appreciated.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I would suggest to take the Akro off, if it's a slip on we're talking about two bolts and it's off.. then you will have plenty of room to work.
hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts