KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
That front end just like weird. The headlight is too high.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That front end just like weird. The headlight is too high.

Not saying I’m going to buy the whole bike - as I agree with you. But maybe someone crashes his bike - without being hurt - and I could snatch the back spring and the forks... just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyhow... ready for another bike anyhow. The new 890 Duke looks extremely tempting...

Only 16kg more than the 390, but 121hp (vs43) and 99Nm (vs32 at 7k) at 7.750rpm. Bloody ****.

Batshit crazy - I want it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Anyhow... ready for another bike anyhow. The new 890 Duke looks extremely tempting...

Only 16kg more than the 390, but 121hp (vs43) and 99Nm (vs32 at 7k) at 7.750rpm. Bloody ****.

Batshit crazy - I want it.

The 890 looks like the smarter choice

Reactions: duke200

·
Registered
568 Posts
Any lower mounting, and you might as well call it a Duke 390.
Well, I don't disagree with that, but that doesn't make it not look weird. As it is, it looks like someone mounted the headlight the wrong way while they were assembling a 390.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wonder if the fully adjustable front forks and back spring fit my 2017 Duke.

They have longer travel so would probably cause issues. You can get adjustable rear shocks already for the 390 which will probably cost less than the ones new from KTM. I think there are some cartridge kits from the fronts too.

I really like the adventure, it depends on price though.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I really like the adventure, it depends on price though.
I saw some rumors about 6200$. Based at India prices i think it will cost about 700-1000$ more than the duke. In Europe the estimated price will be about 6500 euro.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
I can cross the adventure 390 off my list now. Would rather have the Duke 890, Duke 490, or an RC 390/490 first. Plus the RC 390 is here and CHEAP. But I am sure it is a ‘disposable’ motorcycle like the Duke since it shares the same engine. I wouldn’t spend my money on another Austrian designed’ built in India motorcycle again, unless it was nearly free ($).

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's a shame it got even heavier than the extra pounds the 2017 duke already gained, and also lacks spoked wheels (I think they are an option).
I'll still have a ride on one when they make it to the showrooms though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Disappointed with the Adventure's look. It lost its cutting edge razor look to a more generic style.

I'm sure it will perform great but I'd put knobby tires on my 390 before buying one of these and call it a day.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
At power parts they will offer spoke wheels same size as the standards.

Don't judge the bike by its appearance. Suspension travel is not too big but the front fork is made for enduro bike. Frame is not from duke 390 but from the next duke 390. I am sure that the off road capabilities will be confirmed to the future tests

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts