KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased brake levers from AliExpress and installed them on my 2017 duke 390. It was all good on the first ride. On my second ride the front brake was jamming and the lever was becoming so hard that it cannot be pressed at all. After experiencing this situation twice I decided to install my stock levers back and had no issue further. Did anyone face the same issue installing aftermarket levers? I wanted to know what went wrong.

·
Super Moderator
1,155 Posts
Never have I used the likes of AliExpresse, E-Bay, Amazon etc. for this exact reason.
Buy quality (at a price, yes) and avoid such issues.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Can you post any pictures of the installed levers? It's hard to figure it out from your words alone.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've seen this exact thing happen on a friend's Suzuki. The levers looked fine but would start behaving like this after a while.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've seen this exact thing happen on a friend's Suzuki. The levers looked fine but would start behaving like this after a while.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Too tight probably. I have zero issues with the fleabay levers (don't judge me, LOL) on my 2016.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Can you post pictures of them installed?

I have almost the same levers (look exactly the same), and have had 0 problems with them from the beginning for a few thousand miles now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts