KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone i am new here...I am Phnom Penh Cambodia. ^^

I plan to buy duke 390 (mid-night black) next month as my dealer (KTM Cambodia) say the new shipments of 390 will be arrive at the end of this month. :)

Since this is my first real sport/naked bike. i have some question to ask a bout Accessories. please note in my country we don't have the lauxry of many aftermarket part like the oversea so most stuff will be online oder so i can't see it in really life. :(

1. Is aftermarket exhaust like akrapovic really help to keep the bike temper lower? (As one of ktm mechanic tell my brother, when he take his duke 200 for check up.) and if i just wanted to improve sound and look is the slip on one is Good option or should i go full system?

2. If it a good ideal to change stock sprocket with aftermarket one? Is so any brand recommencement?

3. Is there any con to radiator guard? what brand do u guy used?

4.Can anyone recommencement me crash bungs/guard? Is this one good?
Sturzbügel Schutzbügel KTM Duke 390 Orange | eBay

I know it alot of question sorry everyone. and thank in advent. :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Welcome to the forum KSK and congrats on the choosen bike.

Parts Availability:
Like the rest of us it will mostly be purchased online, very few KTM shops will hold Powerparts for the Duke unless its a major mover so you will use places like EBay or actual product sites.

Exhaust:
Ive never heard of a pipe cooling a bike down, the dealer has served your brother with a plate of bulls&$t. If your going to get a different pipe then you will need a complete system as the Akra-Arrow-Remus-GPR etc all require the mid/link pipe. Only the GPR Powercone doesnt require it.

Sprockets:
Currently none available although Mig390 has ordered one but still waiting, yes a change would be nice but at this point in time its a waiting game.

Rad Guard:
Theres a fair few coming onto the market, R&G was getting a bad comment at the beginning due to fit and Evotech's wasnt that great either. I grabbed the ET and Im happy with it.

Crash Protection:
Personal preference I guess, the frame bars you linked are cheaper than R&G or Evotech Frame Slidders/Bobbins. It just comes down to the look you want really as bar or bobbins do the same thing.

No need to appologise for asking questions mate, its better to ask than waste money or choose the wrong item.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dan1 summarized it pretty perfectly. Exhausts are personal preference and budget. I went with the ixil but many like the akrapovic.

As for cooling try engine ice coolant, new filter/radiator or a powertronic ecu

enjoy the ride they are amazing bikes!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Personally I would hold off on accessories a bit. The Duke 390 is one of the best specified bikes I've owned. You really don't need to do much to it at all. Ride it for awhile and then when the Duke's get into Thailand buy accessories from there - the Thai's will build some neat stuff and it will be a lot cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts