KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how you all fee about the open airbox lid/high flow air filter combination in conjunction with with a full exhaust system. I have a rapidbike evo fitted so fueling shouldn’t be an issue. With the airbox modification, have you noticed a power/performance gain? Let me know! Thanks!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I can’t say I noticed much if anything but I’d also have to admit that I didn’t set myself any before and after comparisons. That’s possibly also an issue with the Evo - you won’t immediately get the full fuelling adjustment so the impact may phase in.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't have an exhaust, however I did collect some data. From my understanding there's only a few exhaust that actually make measurable power on the duke anyways.

I have a K&N filter and open air box lid with a power commander V.

First of all, the stock tune is deadly lean so its good that you have a fuel computer. Once I added everything and did an idle relearn I noticed a difference in power. I've also raced a 2nd gen RC390 with my 1st gen duke and it was faster in pretty much every aspect. From my understanding, air box volume is key. There are a few people running the K&N filter upside down and gaining a tiny bit of power as well. Of course none of it matters unless proper fueling is being made.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts