KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day to all!!

I was wondering if anybody knows of other makes of air filters that fits the 390?

Only reason why I am asking is that I have used a high quality foam filter previously in my other bikes just because the K&N filters wasn't as good!

Can anybody comment on the quality of the K&N filter? Just want to make sure I use the best.

Thanks!

·
Registered
817 Posts
I use DNA's filter, its the same one for the 125,200,390. Its a little more expensive than the rest but great airflow. BMC also do one and the K&N.
Im always a little cautious of K&N, sometimes the OEM one has better flow data than theirs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm using a DNA filter with the inverted cone centre. It did give a small improvement in low and mid range without any other changes. I think it is also responsible for a pleasant yowling sound when the throttle is opened.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you know that DNA is Greek? Here's a bit of trivia for you. Dinos Nikolaides is the owner of the company, so you can see how he came up with the company name. Dinos has long been involved with motorcycle tuning, and used to have one of the best known Dynamometer centers in Athens (TecnoMoto Racing). When I used to work for MOTO motorcycle magazine, we always tested our bikes in Dinos' center. Top, ingenious bloke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts