KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ktm duke 390
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

SO... I didnt like how the stock intake sounds.. so i used a hot knife and cut some of the plastic on the airbox lid.. stretched some filtering lycra fabric and tied it up from the top.... will be doing more cutting to the mid sector... but now it sounds pretty good and YES thats a face mask! haha

·
Registered
2017 ktm duke 390
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so the bike is alive in the lower revs.. but dies up top.. gonna close it again! lol

·
Registered
2017 ktm duke 390
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah.. i had it measured on a private road.. theres a certain distance.. i'd pass 160km/hr with a slip on .. passed 140km/hr on the open airbox lid + stock muffler

·
Registered
2017 ktm duke 390
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i tried the bike now after closing the lid again with some plastic and epoxy (AB)... the bike feels quick again...didnt try the top end yet... but its revving naturally again...

i dont get it how they sell this nonsense open airbox lid thing... u probably need an auxiliary injector for it

·
KTMDukeForum.com Vendor
280 Posts
so i tried the bike now after closing the lid again with some plastic and epoxy (AB)... the bike feels quick again...didnt try the top end yet... but its revving naturally again...

i dont get it how they sell this nonsense open airbox lid thing... u probably need an auxiliary injector for it
To properly do it, you need a quality fuel controller (not an injector - you can't use injectors like jets in a 2 stroke). Adding more air, requires more fuel, which equals more power. Adding air alone will only make it lean. A proper intake, exhaust, and tuner will add nearly 9hp right in the middle of the power curve. It's the single biggest gain of any bike we've designed for. It requires more that 5 minutes with a Dremel tool though...

·
Registered
66 Posts
^^^^ some people don't get it.... My 16 is a beast with a LeoVince slip on & mid pipe, DNA race filter, open airbox lid, and PowerTronic piggyback ecu. Nearly 40mph in 1st gear 😁, have not opened it up on top yet since the PT, but it feels amazing compared to when it was all stock, and I don't have to shift near as often with the extra RPM. I ride it like I stole it every time I jump on it, 2nd gear power wheelies, no problem..... LOL!

·
Registered
2017 ktm duke 390
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
guys.. would deleting the stock baffle (db killer) on the stock muffler result in any power gains? cuz that slip on of mine is leaking some air from the connector cuz its not the same as OEM.. need ur input on this.. checking if i delete the baffle or the cut the connector from the stock pipe and weld it to the slip on elbow

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts