KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a noob question.
I own at KTM Duke 390 2018. I've had my share of the stock condition.
I want to install an Akrapovic full system exhaust (without any piggy back ECU installation)and i heard it comes with it's 'own map'.
I also know (i might be wrong) that the Stock ECU cannot be programmed/retuned/adjusted or whatever.
How do they install a map when i get a full exhaust? Can they do it WITHOUT a Piggyback ECU like powertronic? Please enlighten0:)

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
The first Gen Dukes came with an optional Akra map after the 2016 2nd Gen this is discontinued.
It is not advised to change the exhaust without a piggyback.
The OEM ECU is tunable.
Not sure if the second Gen Dukes (yours) can get a power part Akra but if so I would ask the dealer.
In Asia, the market is flooded with imitation pipes of all brands, colours and shapes these are certainly not advisable.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
443 Posts
As far as I’m aware Akra don’t offer a full system for the gen 2 bikes and as far as I’m aware the gen 2 ECU is not tuneable and requires a piggyback ECU. You should be able to fit a full Akra system from a gen 1 bike but you’ll still need to add a tune.

·
Registered
647 Posts
If you install the lambda probe in the new exhaust, won’t the ECU adjust fuelling automatically to compensate?

·
Registered
443 Posts
It would be nice if it did but that’s the problem with the gen 2 bikes. The stock ECU has a hard upper limit on the amount of fuel it can add before it exceeds the Euro 4 emissions limit. And it’s too low for a free flowing exhaust, which is why Akra don’t offer that exhaust for the gen 2 bikes.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My dealer told me (I know we take them all with a grain of salt) that if you go PowerParts exhaust (akra) that the bike doesnt need to be tuned..... i know... i know...

With that said though I bought the Akra exhaust put it on my 2018 - no tune and its amazing. Sounds great runs like a champ!

·
Registered
59 Posts
My dealer told me (I know we take them all with a grain of salt) that if you go PowerParts exhaust (akra) that the bike doesnt need to be tuned..... i know... i know...

With that said though I bought the Akra exhaust put it on my 2018 - no tune and its amazing. Sounds great runs like a champ!
My dealer told me the same thing ;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Akra slip on for gen 2 is bolt on with no changes. Full Akra system which includes decat as supplied for gen 1 bikes is not offered by Akra for gen 2 bikes because it does require a remap. I’m a bit suspicious that they don’t offer it because when remapped it no longer meets Euro 4 - why else would they no longer offer it? It would be a great joint project with Coober as both companies are KTM partners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts