KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I just bought a used 2018 Duke 390, equipped with a meta ktm alarm, and I noticed (when riding at night) that the alarm system indicator is illuminated (red color) above 4000rpm.
The lamp goes brighter as the revs go up.
Anybody experienced this?

·
Registered
369 Posts
That's strange and I have no answer.
What I would try first is to disconnect the alarm system plug under the pillion seat and look what happens. Then at least you are sure that the alarm system is the problem.
Important, if you disconnect the alarm system you have to put a special plug where the alarm system is connected. Otherwise the bike won't start or run. That special plug shortcuts two wires from the connector. That plug is there if no alarm is installed.
If you need more info about the plug look at the wire diagram or ask here and I will look up the details.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any plug like that, at least the former owner didn't provide one to me.
Will try to find one and take the alarm off, thanks!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I don't have any plug like that, at least the former owner didn't provide one to me.
Will try to find one and take the alarm off, thanks!
This is from my Duke 390 2017 Model
Here are two pictures. The wires in the dummy plug connect the grey/red and grey/blue wires from the connector of the bike.
At least for testing you should be able to just connect them with a wire.
Obviously be careful and keep in mind from which side you look at the connectors, be careful with left and right and up and down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just noticed there same thing on my 2018. Did you figure it out. My bike and alarm work fine so I'd rather not do anything off it's not a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just noticed there same thing on my 2018. Did you figure it out. My bike and alarm work fine so I'd rather not do anything off it's not a problem.
No I haven't had the time to deal with it.
I will take the bike to the dealer and see if they can find anything, will keep you posted when this happens.

·
Registered
356 Posts
2019 with an alarm that I installed personally and no illumination of the dash light above 4K that I have noticed. Will check again next ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts