KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I obtained a pair of 1290 Duke mirrors to replace the original ones on my 2018 Duke 390

Sadly it seems the RHS mirror mount is a reverse thread and the 1290 Duke mirror is not.

Is there an adapter l can use? The 1290 mirrors look great on the bike, much better than the OE ones in my opinion.

I tried the Puig mirrors and they looked great but were too small, you couldn’t see hardly anything through them.
But they came with adaptors for the reverse thread on the RHS
And a LHS one to make it the same height.

Why would you use a reverse thread? I can’t see any reason for it, except to make it difficult for aftermarket mirror manufacturers

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yamaha are big on reverse threads. I was given to understand that it’s so the wind pressure doesn’t loosen the mirror. It certainly isn’t true for my left mirror on the Duke so maybe KTM got it the wrong way round.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information!

I have ordered a set of the adaptors which should enable me to fit the KTM mirrors.

The Double Take mirrors look good too, but l already bought the KTM ones.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thank you for the information!

I have ordered a set of the adaptors which should enable me to fit the KTM mirrors.

The Double Take mirrors look good too, but l already bought the KTM ones.
The Double Take seem to be indestructible. I bought them to have mirrors which I can move away in the traffic. But sometime some car mirrors still collide with my mirrors.
No problem!

·
Registered
24 Posts
The 1290 mirrors do look better, can't understand why KTM doesn't fit them stock. They can't possibly cost more than a few bux more to make.
The left thread on the right mirror is so the mirror will rotate if whacked instead of breaking off. Funny that the more $$ 1290 mirrors aren't protected this way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi
Does anybody know are there on market any kind of mirrors that can fit in same hole when i take ot stock mirrors on duke 390 ?
Without using any adaptors parts etc.. ?
Thanks

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 1290 Superduke mirrors fit and look much better than the stock ones, unless you want a different look altogether.
I tried the fancy Puig ones and they looked great but l couldn’t see hardly anything through them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 1290 Superduke mirrors fit and look much better than the stock ones, unless you want a different look altogether.
I tried the fancy Puig ones and they looked great but l couldn’t see hardly anything through them.
I am also interested in Puig hypernaked mirrors
Did you use them ?
Looks like they are very small but on description they manufacturer the say that this mirrors can be adjucted..pulled out more ..
I hope it will be fine..

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes l tried those.
They look great but you can’t see much out of them.
lt depends what you want, l like to be able to see what’s behind me when l am on the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thats right
The best would be to looks great and to see great what is behind
But my opinion there is no such mirrors still
:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts