KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

I really love the ktm bikes, the KTM 390 is one I have my eye on. I'll be riding around in Shanghai.

But I can't help but think it's just too small for someone who is just a tad over 6 foot 1 with longer than average legs compared to the torso.

Would I be uncomfortably cramped on it, would it look 'silly' being so small with a rider my height?

Other question I wanted to ask is, is KTM going to come out with a similar 'naked' street bike as the 390 (same engine cc) but with a larger frame? The duke 690 is about right for my size imo, but it's too powerful for me as a beginner. Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
hi,

I really love the ktm bikes, the KTM 390 is one I have my eye on. I'll be riding around in Shanghai.

But I can't help but think it's just too small for someone who is just a tad over 6 foot 1 with longer than average legs compared to the torso.

Would I be uncomfortably cramped on it, would it look 'silly' being so small with a rider my height?

Other question I wanted to ask is, is KTM going to come out with a similar 'naked' street bike as the 390 (same engine cc) but with a larger frame? The duke 690 is about right for my size imo, but it's too powerful for me as a beginner. Thanks.
Yes I think you would find it a bit cramped because you probably couldn't tuck your knees into the dummy tank cut outs. I'm an average 5'11" and I only just fit. On the other hand the bigger Dukes would be ideal for you and if your license allows it I don't think it would be any more difficult to ride than the 390.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Bollocks, 6'2 and a bit here and I fit mine just fine.

My knees fit in the tank cutouts great, my only issue is that on longer rides I need to stretch my legs out occasionally as my knees are quite bent.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm the same height as mechanical vandal and have the same thoughts, i fit quite well and my legs lock in well to the tank, but yeah knees and ankles can get a bit sore as we have to tuck up more but stretching has done wonders for that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts