KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at returning to motorbikes after a few years off due to kids arriving. I have previously owned a VFR400 and a Versys 650, and am thinking a Duke 390 is the way to go. I could get the 2021 model or 2022 whenever it launches, but I much prefer the 2020 colourway with the orange plastics and wheels. Is there any downside to the 2020 model over the 2021? I think it's not compatible with the OEM quickshifter+ but that seems ok. Is there anything else or can I go ahead and buy a bright orange machine? I'm in the UK if the market matters. Cheers.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hi and welcome. BS6 2021 with new colour scheme meets a higher emissions standard so exhaust routes under engine reducing ground clearance. Can’t comment on effects on performance. You can always fit orange plastics if you prefer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm reluctant to pay extra to add plastics to a new bike, so if there's really nothing else of note than the quickshifter+ then it seems the 2020 model is the way to go.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine blew its rear shock at 7250 miles, it is just 1 year in. See how they deal with the warranty claim...........that said the rest of the finish has held up riding through winter and its so light for commuting yet stable up to 85mph on the motorway. A very good 2020 in orange sounds like the way to go to me. I love mine, keeps the miles off the Beemer and I end up taking the Duke for a Sunday blast, looks the dogs in orange and it's just so much fun in the twisties - more than my XSR was. I don't even/notice the Q/S as I've never had a bike with one and would have to re-learn 30 years of riding to take any small advantage one gives.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't like the new colours either. When I first saw them I though it was a 1st generation bike.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm looking at returning to motorbikes after a few years off due to kids arriving. I have previously owned a VFR400 and a Versys 650, and am thinking a Duke 390 is the way to go. I could get the 2021 model or 2022 whenever it launches, but I much prefer the 2020 colourway with the orange plastics and wheels. Is there any downside to the 2020 model over the 2021? I think it's not compatible with the OEM quickshifter+ but that seems ok. Is there anything else or can I go ahead and buy a bright orange machine? I'm in the UK if the market matters. Cheers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I too owned a Honda VFR400R 1988 model. Is now under restoration. Plus many others one by one.. now i am on the
KTM390 Duke, 2021.. no complaints so far..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts