KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wandering if there are any guys on this forum from the UK that are riding a duke 390 on the road yet?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, apologies for the late reply, I forgot my login details. I haven't out my order in as of yet as I was struggling to decide what options to have and I was in the process of seeing what the dealers could do for me. Hoping to get it sorted by the end of this week.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think that there is only a few real active members from each country on this forum.
There isn't any more duke specific forums out there.

It would be nice if everyone filled in their profile so we can see where they are from.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another UK rider here! SW London based! Although i wish i was somewhere warmer as the weather has now started turning! Time to get the winter gear out!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hello from East Anglia

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also located in the UK (Tyne and Wear)

I have just bought a 390 which has had a lot of extras added, if anyone wants a seat hump and a headlight mask let me know as I have removed them. I may also sell the Akrapovic exhaust if I can get into the standard exhaust and butcher it, then weld it back up. I don't like the look/size of the Akrapovic. The standard "look" is much better I think.

Does anyone in the UK or elsewhere know of any suspension work to help matters? the stock front end is rubbish and the rear shock is not much better, although the rear is potentially an easy swap out fix.

Also, is everyone happy with the brakes? I think there terrible. Whether it is the ABS, I don't know, but they're not as good as think they should be. The master cylinder seems a tad on the small side for me. Next time I'm out I will turn off the ABS and see if that feels any better.

Apart from the above I like the bike.

Gaz...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also located in the UK (Tyne and Wear)

I have just bought a 390 which has had a lot of extras added, if anyone wants a seat hump and a headlight mask let me know as I have removed them. I may also sell the Akrapovic exhaust if I can get into the standard exhaust and butcher it, then weld it back up. I don't like the look/size of the Akrapovic. The standard "look" is much better I think.

Does anyone in the UK or elsewhere know of any suspension work to help matters? the stock front end is rubbish and the rear shock is not much better, although the rear is potentially an easy swap out fix.

Also, is everyone happy with the brakes? I think there terrible. Whether it is the ABS, I don't know, but they're not as good as think they should be. The master cylinder seems a tad on the small side for me. Next time I'm out I will turn off the ABS and see if that feels any better.

Apart from the above I like the bike.

Gaz...
welcome Gaz
I feel the brakes are ok but im only on a 125 at the moment.. ive not teied riding without the abs on .

im also tyne and wear area :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
@GWA Prices? You can PM me. Would you consider shipping to Australia?
Hello Mal,

I don't have any idea of prices, I just took the parts off. Also postage to Australia would be a tad extreme. I was asked to quote a small parcel to Brazil last week and it was £65 or around 120 USD... and this was about half the size of this potential parcel, although the weight may be about the same?

-----------------

Ref: Brakes etc

I've not been out on the bike since I put up the last post, but I have been checking online about the brakes. It seems it is a bit of an issue with them getting spongie after a short while. Nothing a good Brembo M/C & lever won't sort out, but it's a bit crap as I'm sure this would have reared it head during R&D??? not very happy as I've just sold a brembo brake setup off a race bike a few weeks ago!!! Maybe a standard setup from a bigger/better bike might be a cheaper alternative?

Not found any info regarding front suspension tho!!!

Gaz...

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
I don't have any idea of prices, I just took the parts off. Also postage to Australia would be a tad extreme. I was asked to quote a small parcel to Brazil last week and it was £65 or around 120 USD... and this was about half the size of this potential parcel, although the weight may be about the same?
Royal Mail ships to Australia, quite cheaply too, not sure they do to Brazil.

I've not been out on the bike since I put up the last post, but I have been checking online about the brakes. It seems it is a bit of an issue with them getting spongie after a short while. Nothing a good Brembo M/C & lever won't sort out, but it's a bit crap as I'm sure this would have reared it head during R&D??? not very happy as I've just sold a brembo brake setup off a race bike a few weeks ago!!! Maybe a standard setup from a bigger/better bike might be a cheaper alternative?
Without replacing master cylinders or any major surgery, the go seems to be bleed your brake fluid and replace with DOT 5.1, then replace the brake pads with EBC Double-H Sintered pads, FA606HH for the front, and FA213HH for the rear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there yes I am from the uk. I have a few bikes but seemed to be using the 390 all the time. I have started to play around with the bike and would like to get hold of a power tronic piggyback performance ecu but I can't find a supplier in the uk.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts