KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Using the diablo Rossi II for a week now and they are brand-new with great stability excellent grip on wet..(here in Greece it rains a lot) also delivers a tons of confidence while cornering!

why you even considering using an 120mm?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Using the diablo Rossi II for a week now and they are brand-new with great stability excellent grip on wet..(here in Greece it rains a lot) also delivers a tons of confidence while cornering!

why you even considering using an 120mm?
I think because they will be more suited to the odd gravel road excursion. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a suitable dual-purpose tyre too for when I get the bike down to France next year - lots of forest roads ripe for exploring.

Seen the Avon Distanzia's and Pirelli MT60 (as fitted to the Ducati Scrambler) but all of them only go down to a 120 at the front.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
If you look at Revzilla's dual sport tire offerings, the tires are categorized according to dirt-street bias -ie. 40-60, 50-50, or 60-40.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think because they will be more suited to the odd gravel road excursion. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a suitable dual-purpose tyre too for when I get the bike down to France next year - lots of forest roads ripe for exploring.

Seen the Avon Distanzia's and Pirelli MT60 (as fitted to the Ducati Scrambler) but all of them only go down to a 120 at the front.
Seems to be difficult to get a 110-sized dual sport in a decent road/dirt tread, ie, non-knobby. I think a 120 will be ok, contact patch at center should be about 5 mm larger give or take.

Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.